DARKE COUNTY – Local non-profit organizations that serve Darke County residents are invited to apply for grants from the Darke County Foundation (formerly named HOPE Foundation).
Approximately 12 organizations will be selected to receive a total of $20,000 in grants. Organizations must be certified federally tax-exempt by the Internal Revenue Service as 501 (c) 3 or equivalent. Applications may be downloaded from www.darkecountyfoundation.org. Deadline to apply is July 1, 2016.
Grants will be awarded from the following Foundation funds:
- Helen L. Hawkey Music Project: for schools or organizations that provide music education and enrichment for Darke County students. Eligible projects include in-school enrichment programs, field trips to professional performances, fees for music workshops, and tuition assistance for music camps.
- Kremer Family Farms: for organizations that support educational programs in Darke County focusing on agricultural-environmental awareness, or water and soil conservation.
- Ami McClurkin Community Fund: for any organization serving Darke County residents.
- Oliver Family Community Fund: for any organization serving Darke County residents.
- Dr. Marlin Thompson Founder’s Fund: for schools or organizations committed to the education and welfare of the youth of Darke County.
Grant recipients will be announced in early August. The Darke County Foundation receives, manages and distributes charitable gifts for the benefit of Darke County residents. For more information, call 548-4673 or visit www.darkecountyfoundation.org.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU