MASSILLON, Ohio — Quality Nut Co. of Massillon, Ohio is voluntarily recalling the following products due to undeclared allergens:
• Sweet and spicy mix – 2 oz. bags. Labels did not declare the allergens soy and wheat.
• Sweet and spicy mix – 3 oz. bags. Labels did not declare the allergen soy.
• Hunter trail mix – 2.5 oz. bags. Labels did not declare the allergen milk.
• Chocolate peanuts – 5 oz. bags. Labels did not declare the allergen soy.
• Milk chocolate peanuts – 4 oz. bags. Labels did not declare the allergen soy.
Products were available for sale prior to May 1, 2017 at locations throughout Ohio. This issue was discovered during a routine inspection conducted by the Ohio Department of Agriculture. There have been no reports of illness involving products addressed in this recall, however people who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to these allergens are at risk for a serious or life threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
Customers with allergies or sensitivity to these undeclared ingredients who purchased the affected products should dispose of it or return it to Quality Nut Co. for replacement. Consumers with questions about the recall can contact Quality Nut Co. at 330- 327-6161.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU