GREENVILLE — The Greenville Farm Power of the Past’s annual equipment show at the Darke County Fairgrounds is set for July 6-9.
Featured this year will be the lesser known tractors and Ohio built gas engines, and the show will be hosting The Custom Tractor Collectors’ 25th Anniversary Show, The Empire Tractor Club National Expo and the B.F. Avery Collectors’ National Summer Show.
On tap for this year are flea markets, camping, food vendors, threshing, corn shredding, sawmill operations, chainsaw carving, antique tractors, gas engines, garden tractors, antique auto, truck and motorcycle display, horse and pony pulls, kiddie tractor pulls, kiddie coin scramble, Pumpkin Vine Railroad, women’s activities, Sunday church services at 9:15 a.m and a car show and cruise-in.
The flag-raising ceremony/opening ceremony is set for 9 a.m. July 6.
Schedule of events:
• Quilting from 1 to 3 p.m. in the Fine Arts Building
• DCTPA Truck and Tractor Pull (additional admission charge)
• Berachah Valley Bluegrass Music
• 10 a.m. Antique Tractor Pull
• 10 a.m. Tractor Cruise sponsored by the Darke County Farm Bureau
• 1 to 3 p.m. Quilting in the Fine Arts Building.
• 2 p.m. Kiddie Tractor Pull (top level of the coliseum)
• 3 p.m. Tractor parade
• 4 p.m. Kiddie Coin Scramble in the straw
• 4 p.m. Pony Pull at horse arena
• 6 p.m., Draft Horse Pull at horse arena
• 6 p.m. Garden Tractor Pull
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Car Show and Cruise-In (dash plaques for first 50 entrants)
• 9:15 a.m. church service
• 3 p.m. 18th annual reunion ends
General information can be obtained from Farm Power of the Past’s President Von Oswalt at 937-547-1845, and for flea markets and concessions, Chuck and Kelly Zell at 937-692-5798 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Daily admissions is $5 per person. Those ages 12 and under will be admitted free. Membership is $10 per person, and golf cart or Gator-type vehicle registration is $5.
Check the website at www.greenvillefarmpower.org for an updates.