GREENVILLE - A new face is coming on board the Darke County Agricultural Society as a result of the election Thursday at the Great Darke County Fair.
Ed Erisman of Greenville will be taking over the seat of incumbent Velma Campbell, as he received 273 votes. She had 229 votes of the fair membership.
The three other incumbents - President Richard Delk, Russell W. Bennett and Cindy Riffle - were re-elected, with 401, 328 and 306 votes, respectively. Trailing was Apollo Perez with 201 votes.
The results of the junior fair board elections are, as follows:
- Beef: Krisney Gwin and Shelby Manning
- Dairy: Clair Schmitmeyer and Natalie Wuebker
- Dogs: Hanna Rice and Makennah Hutcheson
- Goat: Danielle Hesson (two years), Abigail Nealeigh (two years) and Heidi Brickler (one year)
- Horse: Taylor Dohme
- Poultry: Mark Mayo
- Boys Scouts/Girls Scouts: Yvonne Barga
- Rabbits: Samantha Holzapfel (two years) and Mary Bradshaw (one year)
- Sheep: Andrew Wright
- Swine: Wyatt King and Kaelyn Marker
- Youth Building (4-H): Emily Miller (two years), Molly Hunt (two years) and Erica Zimmer (one year)
- Youth building (FFA): Tyler Martin (two years), Jared Meeks (two years) and Andrea Barga (one year)