I am pretty sure that the 70 people who attended our 50th class reunion had a good time last Friday night at Gail McKnight’s residence east of Rossburg.
If I figured correctly, only 23 from our class of 78 students, not to mention the 16 deceased classmates, were not in attendance.
So, 40 classmates plus three who were a part of the class at one point of time or another, were also in attendance. Those three were Susan Strosnider DeRegnaucourt of Ansonia, Jack Sanders of Greenville and John Newbauer of Rossburg.
Attending from out of state were: Tom Landis of Crestline, California, Margie Barga Walasinski of Hiser, Michigan, Albert Duncan of Colorado Springs, Colorado, Diane Dickey Young of LaFollette, Indiana, and Don Brandt of Bradenton, Florida.
Attending from out-of-county were: Jean Whittaker Unger of Troy; Jane Pepple Hammelrath of Springboro and Florida; Sharon Stammen Winner of Dayton; Jack Henkaline of VanWert; Ruby Trittschuh Peeples of Piqua; Tom Liette of St. Henry; and Larry Singer of Lewisburg (whatever that county is in).
And, the local ones who attended were: Leanna House Whittington of Bradford; Denny Poffenberger of Arcanum; Tammy Sholley Arnett, Patty Jennings, Sherry Jacobs Deubner, Larry Singer, Judy Striegel Brandenburg, Susan Walls Harbison, Pat[rick] Barga, Paula Muhlenkamp Cox, Terry Birt, Gloria Carter Ault, Sondra Shiverdecker White, Tedd Pratt and Barb Baker Teaford, all of Greenville; Gail McKnight and Stan and Carol (Bowman) Cox, all of Rossburg; Karen Miller Mote, Charles Broering, John Peters, Jerry Marker and Otis Stewart, all of Versailles; Starr Baltes Schmitmeyer of New Weston; and Cheryl Snyder Clouse, Carol Henderson Baughman, Diane Boerger Birt, Ron Moody, Bob Christian and myself, all of Ansonia.
The remainder of those in attendance at Gail’s house were spouses and guests of the classmates, several of whom were also graduates of Ansonia High School.
Several students in our class were married one another. They were Anita Whittington and Gary Gibson, both of whom now are deceased; Paula Muhlenkamp and the late Nick Cox; and Carol Bowman and Stan Cox. Three sets of us were siblings: Sara Miller Fast and Steve Miller; Jean and Ralph Whittaker; and my brother Ron and myself.
On behalf of the class, I would like to thank Gail McKnight and wife Nancy for hosting the reunion once again; Diane Boerger Birt with the assistance of Carol Bowman Cox for the food; and Paul McCleskey and wife Renea, who took our group photo.
Unable to attend the reunion from our class but not forgotten are: Ruth Hall Richards, Terry Hall, Deb Hunt Jones, Jim Hunt, Jim Owens, Tom Prosyk, Phil Replogle, Gerald Rhoades, Patty Rhynard Forgarty, Gene Rieman, Gayle Schlechty Koontz, Mike Shade, Ralph Whittaker, Mitch Wiley, Doyle Woodman, Russell “Gene” Midlam, Sara Miller Fast, Steve Miller, Norman Dickey, Barbara Billenstein and Gary Jenkinson.
Next week, I will be writing about the Ansonia Alumni Banquet, which most of us also attended the night after the reunion.
What a great class (1966) we had!
• The Ansonia Community Garage Sales will be June 9-11 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. To have your sale listed on the map, a $3 fee is required. Your registration fee can be mailed to Betty Burnfield, PO Box 758, Ansonia, OH 45303 or may be dropped in the water department drop box, but they must be in an envelope marked Community Garage Sale. You may list three items only. Deadline to have a sale listed is May 27. Maps will be available at most area business and city building by June 8.
• June 8 to Slug Midlam, Tracey Luce, Jared Faller, Sandy Bowman, Ashley McEldowney and Judy Longenecker.
• June 9 to Susan Walls Harbison, Velma Campbell, Terry Stammen, Deloris Miller, Cynthia Downey, Peggy Hollingsworth, Paula Stewart and Jeff Madewell.
• June 10 to June Moody, Martha Schrader, Teresa Clark Cromes, Kathy McGlinch Dapore, Tom Edwards, Cliff McCoy, Becky Everhart, Anna Price, Michelle Green, Diane Weaver-Hahn and Jennifer Beam Plessinger.
• June 11 to Robert E. Lee (90), Phil Lawson, Rick Campbell, Eddie Bryant, Joan Hiestand, Tedd Pratt, Steven Mittermann Derek Grote, Byron Brehm, Al Greiner and Bruce Williams.
• June 12 to Rhonda Enicks Werner, Michele Smith, Mary Faller, Barb Schuh and Michelle Gibbs Thornsberry Dale.
• June 13 to Rita McEowen Young, Rex Kendall, Teresa Reier Neal, Michael Werts, Ted Riegel, Scott Kaiser, Dustin Mullens, Tiffany Meckes Dickey, Kathy Fleming, Jerrolyn Burk, Norma Parin, Gail Godown, Darrell Gower and Glenn Welch.
• June 14 Connie [Mrs. Larry] Yohey, Scott Drew, Brian Jones, Lisa Marie Ralston and Megan Swabb Johnson.
Happy belated birthday to Jim Atchley on June 1.
Happy anniversary to Jim and Gail Moody (60) on June 8; Harry and June Moody and Marion and Shirley Price, all on June 10; Darrel and Erin Jones on June 11; Jack and Sherry Hunt and Marilyn and Glen Wetzel, all on June 12; Nate and Betty (Johnston) Burnfield and Norman and Deloris Miller, all on June 13; and Rikki and Keith Holton and Troy and Janet Kammer, all on June 14.
Happy belated anniversary to Ronnie and Rita Young (53) on June 1.
Don’t forget to pray for: Stacy Dorko, Dick Michael, Clinton Linebaugh, Layna Best, Jean Eastridge, Justin Ungericht, Alishia Clark Funk, Shannon Peters Hall, Tom Hawkins, Mike Bale, Phyllis Gibbons, Rosemary Wetzel, Greg Whittington, George Fanning, Kenny Borger, Mary Marshall, Jenson Fullerton, Judy York, Treva Hamilton, Sue Miller, Gary Reier, Carmen Sanders, Michael Allen Clark, Elmer Long, Anthony Joyner, Shirley Mead, Dave Sloan, Harry Moody, Jim Moody, Maxine Weimer, Linda Subler, Jerrod Pratt, Tim Ridenour, Shelly Hoffman, Keith Howard, Betty Grimes, Kathy Magoto, Dean Brewer, Lisa Hall, Dick Neff, Tammy Shapiro, Ken Martin, David Magoto, Phil Clark, Sonny Hunt, Jim Marker, Terry Longfellow, Don and Nina McDaniel, D’Arleen Waymire, Lee and Bea Moody (our parents), Linda Johnston, Ron Kreitzer, Pappy Harshman, Delores Duncan, Frank Shapiro, John Klipstine, Elsie Svajda, Dave Sherman, Sue Chitty, Phil Chilcoat, Christine Pipenger, Paul Barton, Terry Ungericht, Gracyn Blackburn, Robert Codling, Kohen Thwaits, William DeBord, Dave Starline, Bob Hiestand Jr.
Also, Kathy and Tom Hamilton, Joanne Sharp, Ivan Miller, Cindy Elson, Cary Van De Grift, Dina Dancer Morris, Teresa Mayo Amspaugh, Tina Kiser Deaton, Alvera Schmitz, Tonia Thompson, Fred Monnin, Stephen “Brownie” Brown, Nate Epperson, Brad Pipenger, Faye Schlecty, Sheila Reed, Bill Beasley, Steve Cunningham, Kody Ketring, Bob and Sandy Finkbine, Kevin Dickey, Joe Martin, Tracy Bailey, Brenda Grimes, Margaret “Peg” Bundy, Kevin Hemmerich, Penny Starns, Tim Heck, Vanna (Hannam) Abbott, Addie Henderson, Barb Morrow Zimmerman, Samantha Smith, Todd Walls, Ron Kramer, Melissa “Missy” Helmer, Dana Holzapfel, Kara Didier, Carla Welch, Bill Schuette and to all those others who suffer from the many debilitating diseases.
And, God bless all of our military people serving and protecting this nation, as well as rescue, fire and law enforcement personnel who put their lives on the line to protect us.
Son Jamie and I extend our condolences to the families of: Rick Jones, Florence Magoto, Nellie Stump, Jayallen Hale, David Pohl and Sue Ellen Hankins.
Think about it: “Be creative and don’t follow where the path leads. Instead, find a place where there is no path, go forth boldly, and leave a trail for others to follow.” — Unknown
Linda Moody is a staff writer for The Daily Advocate. Her column appears every Sunday. She can be reached at email@example.com.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU