As I sit here to write this column on Wednesday evening, I was wanting to talk about Valentine’s Day, but how can I think about red/pink hues, chocolate treats, candlelight and other sappy traditions when all I see is white outside?
Yes, our biggest snowfall this year came this past week, and I hope that is the end of it for this season. That would make me happy and help me to appreciate Valentine’s Day all the more.
Back to Feb. 14, I am hoping all you sweethearts out there have a wonderful day on Tuesday. Let those special people know you love them and respect them. I hope it’s romantic and brings you a lot closer to your significant other, not just because of the material things that may be received but for that which makes the world go round.
It’s all about love…and perhaps the exchange of cards, candy, a visit to a movie, a romantic meal and/or flowers to put the icing on the cake.
Wouldn’t it be nice if people were full of love all around the world….not only on Valentine’s Day but everyday? We all know that is pretty unattainable, but it would be worth trying.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
• The next Treaty City Seniors dance will be Monday at the VFW Post on North Ohio Street in Greenville. Dancing is from 1 to 4 p.m. with Tom Everhart serving as deejay.
• The second annual ball drop bonanza is set for today after the boys home varsity basketball game in the Ansonia High School gym. Tickets are one for $10 or three for $25. Sponsored by the Ansonia Athletic Boosters, the grand prize is $500. Second prize if $250 and third prize is $100.And, there will be seven other prizes with 10 chances to win. Tickets can be purchased at any home varsity boys basketball game and by calling 337-5141.
• The Ansonia Volunteer Firemen’s fourth annual Fireman’s Dance is set for 8 p.m. Feb. 18 at Eldora Ballroom, New Weston. Karma’s Pawn will entertain.
Happy birthday to:
• Feb. 15 to Tina Shafer Brooks, Quenton Riffell, Dick Shook, Michael Amspaugh and Jennifer Sturgill.
• Feb. 16 to Jack Edwards, Kent Stump, Sandra Ashby, Lori Smith Riegle (50), Jerry Duncan, Chad Young, Colleen Loxley, Doug Riffell (60) and Gary Garrison.
• Feb. 17 to Diane Miller Holdeman (50), Kim Knick, Mike Gessler, Karen Robison Gessler, Beth DeLong, Paul “Jamie” Gray, Bob Campbell, Joan Trittschuh, Connie Schuette, Diane Billenstein, Sorona Verneman, Donna Peters Arnett, Cindy Rismiller, Darrell Fox and Stacie Sharp.
• Feb. 18 to Sterling Gregory, Gary Reier, Jodi Reichert, Steve Garman, Courtney Riegle, Tammy Leugers, Wayne Bowman and Chris Heitkamp.
• Feb. 19 to Angie Minnich, Chris Thornhill, Marvin Pierron (70), Larry Singer, Danny Monnin, Shawn Peters, Jarvis Thwaits and Ted Whittaker.
• Feb. 20 to Terry Ungericht, Melissa Anderson, Dan Lenker (60), Shanna Brewer Hines, Tim Dickey (60), Charlene Sanders Hartzell, Bev Garrison, Brooke Muhlenkamp, Larry Hall and Austin Edwards.
• Feb. 21 to Anson Norton, Gary Moody, Joey Kunk, Maegan O’Connor, Kim Garber-Bloom, Jeremy Rammel, Todd Walls, John Newbauer II, Jim Owens and Randy Fourman.
Happy anniversary to John and Ruth Peters and Jim and Billie Marshall, all on Feb. 15; Alan and Shirley Phillippi on Feb. 16; Joel and Jennifer Harney and Larry and Julie Hall, all on Feb. 18; and Terry and Marge Young and Gary and Denise Heitkamp, all on Feb. 20.
Happy belated anniversary to Dave and Amy Brewer (30 years) on Feb. 6.
Don’t forget to pray for: Tom Brumbaugh Jr., Stacy Dorko, Vicki Wilker Gibson, Vickie Martin, Carl Francis, Evan Boggs, Rhonda Rodeheffer Rismiller, Janet Bolin, Shirley Miller, Roger Flory, Albert Duncan, Jack Good, Bill Duncan, Darla Bowman Miller, Cheri Antrobus Davis, Rosemary Goodpaster Wetzel, Scott Clark, Steve Schafer, Tom Hawkins, Greg Moody, Connie Apple, Jodie Glick, Kohen Thwaits, Jerrod Pratt, Dawn Oldiges, Judy York, Lowell Elsass, Linda Johnston, Tracy Bailey, Shannon Peters Hall, Jack Riegle, Bruce Knick, Aiden Turner, Brody Wilson, Carol Bollheimer, Roger McEowen, Al Bliss, Tim King, Gary Poor, Layna Best, Jean Eastridge, Alishia Clark Funk, Glenna Curry, Mike Bale, Phyllis Gibbons, Carmen Sanders, Michael Allen Clark, Elmer Long, Shirley Mead, Harry Moody, Jim Moody, Kathy Magoto,
Also, Lisa Hall, Tammy Shapiro, David Magoto, Phil Clark, Sonny Hunt, Don and Nina McDaniel, D’Arleen Waymire, Pappy Harshman, Delores Duncan, John Klipstine, Elsie Svajda, Sue Chitty, Phil Chilcoat, Christine Pipenger, Paul Barton, Terry Ungericht, Gracyn Blackburn, Dave Starline, Bob Hiestand Jr., Kathy and Tom Hamilton, Joanne Sharp, Ivan Miller, Cindy Elson, Cary Van De Grift, Teresa Mayo Amspaugh, Tina Kiser Deaton, Tonia Thompson, Fred Monnin, Faye Schlecty, Sheila Reed, Bill Beasley, Kody Ketring, Bob and Sandy Finkbine, Kevin Dickey, Margaret “Peg” Bundy, Kevin Hemmerich, Penny Starns, Tim Heck, Vanna (Hannam) Abbott, Addie Henderson, Samantha Smith, Todd Walls, Ron Kramer, Dana Holzapfel, Kara Didier, Carla Welch and Bill Schuette.
And, pray for all those others who suffer from the many debilitating diseases, and may God bless all of our military people serving and protecting this nation, as well as rescue, fire and law enforcement personnel who put their lives on the line to protect us.
If anyone knows of someone who should be on my prayer list, let me know. If there ones on here that can be taken off, let me know as well. I do not always know the names of people on here; I’ve just gotten requests. It would help me to know if someone should or shouldn’t be on here. Thanks.
Jamie and I sincerely extend our condolences to the families of: Pastor Sam Hoeflich, Jack Seiler, Steve Cunningham, Joan Crissinger, Steven McIver, Fay Meyers and Linda Brandt.
Think about it: “Before getting upset, always ask yourself: ‘Will this even matter in six months, in a year or in five years?’ If the answer is no, let it go.” — Unknown
Linda Moody is a staff writer for The Daily Advocate. Her column appears every Saturday. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU