I am extremely sad. Brandon Phillips, second baseman for the Cincinnati Reds, is going to the Atlanta Braves.
He is one of the main reasons I watch the game. He smiles about all of the time and is an entertaining player.
The game just won’t be the same from here on out, so I guess I will start watching the Braves when I can.
Son Jamie was irritated last year when Chapman was traded and I tried to talk him about that is how the game goes. Now, I’m feeling the same way. Jamie survived it and watched a few of the games throughout the season, and I guess I can do the same this year.
Maybe, just maybe, I’ll keep cheering on the Reds, but pretty soon I won’t know hardly any of the players, which makes the game watchable for me.
Oh, the changes we go through.
Oh well, life goes on and you can’t stay in one place forever. That’s becoming a reality in everyday life anymore.
• The next Treaty City Seniors dance will be Monday at the VFW Post on North Ohio Street in Greenville. Dancing is from 1 to 4 p.m. with Tom Everhart serving as deejay.
• The Ansonia Volunteer Firemen’s fourth annual Fireman’s Dance is set for 8 p.m. today at Eldora Ballroom, New Weston. Karma’s Pawn will entertain.
Happy birthday to:
• Feb. 22 to John Klipstine, Jack Bubeck, Jeremy Rammel, Nancy Miller Moody, Jack Lovejoy, Jay Schricker, Janice Osterloh and Lyn Bliss.
• Feb. 23 to Jerome Dodson, Wayne Neal, Betty Batten, JoEllen Melling, Barb Teaford and Judy Ashley Stewart.
• Feb. 24 to Ed Huff Jr., Jenny Riffell, Stefanie Gasper Zumbrun, Harold Rismiller, Charlene Connor Stachler, Doug Wombolt, Terry Holden, Clair Monnin and Robert Paris.
• Feb. 25 to Linda Wappelhorst, Michelle Magoteaux Dickey, Rhonda Magoto, Russ Reichard Jr., Bill Collins (75), Amy Fulk, Angie Stewart, Dr. Bad Burns (50) and Tim Becker.
• Feb. 26 to Judge Julie Monnin, Hope Snyder Brodrick and Dane Ganger.
• Feb. 27 to Diane Weeks, Nancy Eardly, Sherry Hittle Baker and Nick Hahn.
• Feb. 28 to Janie Gibbons Young, Bill Brown, Richard Hollinger, Mike Honeyman and Susi Thompson.
(• Feb. 29 [Leap Year] to Liz Waggoner Essarey, Jeff Cole, Craig Ganger, Janice Edsall Combs and Vickie Miller.
Happy belated birthday to Steve Swabb on Feb. 13; and Evan Boggs on Feb. 15.
Happy anniversary to Gary and Judy (Brewer) Middleton on Feb. 22.
Happy belated anniversary to Dawn and Mark Dohme (44 years) on Feb. 16.
Don’t forget to pray for: Tom Brumbaugh Jr., Stacy Dorko, Kristina Knapp Bradley, Vicki Wilker Gibson, Vickie Martin, Carl Francis, Evan Boggs, Rhonda Rodeheffer Rismiller, Janet Bolin, Shirley Miller, Roger Flory, Albert Duncan, Jack Good, Bill Duncan, Keith Starks, Darla Bowman Miller, Cheri Antrobus Davis, Rosemary Goodpaster Wetzel, Scott Clark, Steve Schafer, Tom Hawkins, Greg Moody, Connie Apple, Jodie Glick, Kohen Thwaits, Jerrod Pratt, Dawn Oldiges, Judy York, Lowell Elsass, Linda Johnston, Tracy Bailey, Shannon Peters Hall, Jack Riegle, Bruce Knick, Aiden Turner, Brody Wilson, Carol Bollheimer, Roger McEowen, Al Bliss, Tim King, Gary Poor, Layna Best, Jean Eastridge, Alishia Clark Funk, Glenna Curry, Mike Bale, Phyllis Gibbons, Carmen Sanders, Michael Allen Clark, Elmer Long, Shirley Mead, Harry Moody, Jim Moody, Kathy Magoto,
Also, Shelly Hoffman, Lisa Hall, Tammy Shapiro, David Magoto, Phil Clark, Sonny Hunt, Don and Nina McDaniel, D’Arleen Waymire, Pappy Harshman, Delores Duncan, John Klipstine, Elsie Svajda, Sue Chitty, Phil Chilcoat, Christine Pipenger, Paul Barton, Terry Ungericht, Gracyn Blackburn, Dave Starline, Bob Hiestand Jr., Kathy and Tom Hamilton, Joanne Sharp, Ivan Miller, Cindy Elson, Cary Van De Grift, Teresa Mayo Amspaugh, Tina Kiser Deaton, Tonia Thompson, Fred Monnin, Faye Schlecty, Sheila Reed, Bill Beasley, Kody Ketring, Bob and Sandy Finkbine, Kevin Dickey, Margaret “Peg” Bundy, Kevin Hemmerich, Penny Starns, Tim Heck, Vanna (Hannam) Abbott, Addie Henderson, Samantha Smith, Todd Walls, Ron Kramer, Dana Holzapfel, Kara Didier, Carla Welch and Bill Schuette.
And, pray for all those others who suffer from the many debilitating diseases, and may God bless all of our military people serving and protecting this nation, as well as rescue, fire and law enforcement personnel who put their lives on the line to protect us.
Jamie and I sincerely extend our condolences to the families of: Irma Whittington, Tom Edwards, Holly Sue Crabtree and Marjorie Strait.
Think about it: “You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him.” — Unknown
Linda Moody is a staff writer for The Daily Advocate. Her column appears every Saturday. She can be reached at email@example.com.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU