I feel so sorry that a lot of people are getting that influenza virus. It doesn’t sound like much fun, and I’m sure it’s even worse for the young children and the aging Americans.
Jamie has had some trouble with coughing and phlegm this winter, but nothing too harsh. It lasted a little while, but then he received the flu shot. I asked for both the flu shot and pneumonia shot this year and I hope that’s why my health has been kept at bay [knock on wood].
Wintertime is such a dreary time anyway for some people, in my opinion, and to have sickness added on to that makes it even that much more unbearable. My thoughts are with those who are already fighting serious illnesses.
Hopefully, this sickness has run its course through many households in the area by now. I plan on getting the flu shot every year. As for the pneumonia shot, I guess you can only get it once every 10 years from what I’ve heard.
I believe in them, even though some people said they have gotten sick after getting the flu shots.
I won’t say I haven’t been real well this season, because I have had episodes when my stomach was upset but that might have been due to stress or from something that I ate [imagine that!].
Nonetheless, I am just hoping I can get through this winter without catching any viruses. It’s bad enough the weather is changing back and forth from day to day and week to week.
Stay healthy, everybody!!!!!
• The next Treaty City Seniors dance will be Monday at the VFW Post on North Ohio Street in Greenville. Dancing is from 1 to 4 p.m. with Tom Everhart serving as deejay.
Happy birthday to:
• Feb. 26 to Amber Robinson.
• March 1 to Tom Clevenger, Carol Ungericht, Doug Albers, Barbara Snyder and April Warren.
• March 2 to Virginia Riffell Scanlon, Aleene Tyo Cromwell, Norma Garland, Jason Wright, Dustin Hall, Peggy Nealeigh, twins Diane Zimmer and Donald Hathaway, Greg Schmidt, Roberta Crawford, Angie Grow Perkins, Norma Garland, Darin Leeper and Layton Davis.
• March 3 to Eric Wagner, Jean Derr, Joan Klein, John McRoberts, Marvin Fourman, Corrine Brown Deaton and Glenna Howard.
• March 4 to Shaun Thornhill, Jeff Goines, Sheena Yeomans, Molly Null and Debbie Kunk.
• March 5 to Sheila Reed, Ralph Beam, Bryan Birt, Ronda Riegle Vance, Don Shilt, Isabelle Long, Sharon Buchy, Luke Moore, Tracy Harshman, Gail Bankson and Betsy Kemp.
• March 6 to Linda Norton Temple, Sandy Easterling, Carrie Hall, Diane Bickel, Stacie Lawrence Kammer, Steve Spahr, Diane Bickel, Linda Landis-Matte, Carrie Hall and Rick Elliott.
• March 7 to Holly Riffell, George Young, Deanna Young, Christina Nestor, Jerry Blinn and Kelli Nicodemus.
Happy anniversary to Jannie and Frank Barrow on March 1; Pastor Hershel and Barbara Fee on March 4; Nevin and Donna Pauline (Riffell) Elleman on March 7.
Don’t forget to pray for: Tom Brumbaugh Jr., Stacy Dorko, Charlotte Metzcar, Vicki Wilker Gibson, Vickie Martin, Carl Francis, Evan Boggs, Rhonda Rodeheffer Rismiller, Janet Bolin, Shirley Miller, Roger Flory, Albert Duncan, Jack Good, Bill Duncan, Keith Starks, Darla Bowman Miller, Cheri Antrobus Davis, Rosemary Goodpaster Wetzel, Scott Clark, Steve Schafer, Tom Hawkins, Greg Moody, Connie Apple, Jodie Glick, Kohen Thwaits, Jerrod Pratt, Dawn Oldiges, Judy York, Lowell Elsass, Linda Johnston, Tracy Bailey, Shannon Peters Hall, Jack Riegle, Bruce Knick, Aiden Turner, Brody Wilson, Carol Bollheimer, Roger McEowen, Al Bliss, Tim King, Gary Poor, Layna Best, Jean Eastridge, Alishia Clark Funk, Glenna Curry, Mike Bale, Phyllis Gibbons, Carmen Sanders, Michael Allen Clark, Elmer Long, Shirley Mead, Harry Moody, Jim Moody, Kathy Magoto,
Also, Shelly Hoffman, Lisa Hall, Tammy Shapiro, David Magoto, Phil Clark, Sonny Hunt, Don and Nina McDaniel, D’Arleen Waymire, Pappy Harshman, Delores Duncan, John Klipstine, Elsie Svajda, Sue Chitty, Phil Chilcoat, Christine Pipenger, Paul Barton, Terry Ungericht, Gracyn Blackburn, Dave Starline, Bob Hiestand Jr., Kathy and Tom Hamilton, Joanne Sharp, Ivan Miller, Cindy Elson, Cary Van De Grift, Teresa Mayo Amspaugh, Tina Kiser Deaton, Tonia Thompson, Fred Monnin, Faye Schlecty, Sheila Reed, Bill Beasley, Kody Ketring, Bob and Sandy Finkbine, Kevin Dickey, Margaret “Peg” Bundy, Kevin Hemmerich, Penny Starns, Tim Heck, Vanna (Hannam) Abbott, Addie Henderson, Samantha Smith, Todd Walls, Ron Kramer, Dana Holzapfel, Kara Didier, Carla Welch and Bill Schuette.
And, pray for all those others who suffer from the many debilitating diseases, and may God bless all of our military people serving and protecting this nation, as well as rescue, fire and law enforcement personnel who put their lives on the line to protect us.
I have gotten responses from the names I put on my prayer list. The ones I’ve talked to are very appreciative of the prayers that are being said for them. I know in my heart that prayers are helpful.
Jamie and I sincerely extend our condolences to the families of: Kristina Knapp Bradley, Bob Leugers, Mark Kremer, Harold Dill, Jean Grosch and William Hole Jr.
Think about it: “The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.” — Unknown
Linda Moody is a staff writer for The Daily Advocate. Her column appears every Saturday. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU