I enjoy most genres of music. Country is my favorite, with rock ‘n roll (from the ’50s and ’60s) being my next favorite.
So, I just had to share the following after receiving an email from a church friend:
Some of the artists of the ’60s are revising their hits with new lyrics to accommodate aging baby boomers.
They include: Bobby Darin — Splish, Splash, I Was Havin’ a Flash.
Herman’s Hermits — Mrs. Brown, You’ve Got a Lovely Walker
Ringo Starr — I Get By With a Little Help From Depends
The Bee Gees — How Can You Mend a Broken Hip
Roberta Flack— The First Time Ever I Forgot Your Face
Johnny Nash — I Can’t See Clearly Now
Paul Simon— Fifty Ways to Lose Your Liver
The Commodores — Once, Twice, Three Times to the Bathroom
Marvin Gaye — Heard It Through the Grape Nuts
Procol Harem— A Whiter Shade of Hair
Leo Sayer — You Make Me Feel Like Napping
The Temptations — Papa’s Got a Kidney Stone
Abba— Denture Queen
Tony Orlando — Knock 3 Times On The Ceiling If You Hear Me Fall
Helen Reddy — I Am Woman, Hear Me Snore
Leslie Gore— It’s My Procedure, and I’ll Cry If I Want To.
And last but NOT least:
Willie Nelson — On the Commode Again
Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. And I bet you sang the songs in your mind as you read them. I did.
See you when I return from vacation!!!!
• Here are some upcoming Ansonia American Legion events: First fish fry of the season from 4 to 7 p.m. Sept. 4 and the next breakfast will be from 6 to 11 a.m. on Sept. 12.
• Aug. 12 to Teresa Bowman.
• Aug. 13 to Rich Hadden, Sondra White, Brad Albritton (60), Roxanne Rehmert, Mattie Hiestand, Brittany Ulman, twins Ross and Grace Dapore (14), Troy May (14), T.J. Phlipot and Lane Clark (16).
• Aug. 14 to Brad Lentz, Don Short, Bonnie Wagner, Amber Neal, Therese Pohlman, Dennis Pratt and Theresa Siefring.
• Aug. 15 to Lisa Mayo (50), Lindsey Newbauer, Doug Weider, Zachary Riffell, Dylan Moody, Shelby Gates, Brianne Liette Morris, Judy Jones and Curtis Yount.
• Aug. 16 to Linda Subler, Randy Allread and John Widener.
• Aug. 17 to Janice Lyme, Mary Poor,Terry Brewer, Lawrence “Fats” Kunk,” Joe Beemer and Kylee Saintignon.
• Aug. 18 to Terry Sackett, Lynne Hinshaw, John Snyder, Lora Beam Miller, Dwain Hodge, Randy Partin, Libby Koch and Brian Hiestand Jr.
• Aug. 19 to Chris Norris, Bonita Seger, Betty Wingerter, Ted Trittschuh, Debbie Staver and Hannah Hunt.
Happy belated birthday to Larry Francis (60) on Aug. 1.
Happy anniversary to: Missy and Randy Christian and Judy and Wayne Burns; Shawn and Michelle Phillippi on Aug. 15; Pat and Debbie Barga on Aug. 16; Jerry and Bonnie Salyers (25) on Aug. 17; and Steve and Joni Burelison and Don and Sally Hampshire, all on Aug. 18.
Happy belated anniversary to Steve and Tracy Bailey (14) on Aug. 4; and Shari and Jeff Wappelhorst (25) on Aug. 6.
Don’t forget to pray for: Stacy Dorko, Scarlett and Gracyn Blackburn, Jim Moody, Cheryl Leugers, Vickie Martin, Joe Bailey, Mel Grile, Jason Daugherty, Robert Codling, Kohen Thwaits, Kenny Dunevant, Joe Whittington, J. C. and D’Arleen Waymire, Deanna Jones, William DeBord, Dave Starline, Bob Hiestand Jr., Terry Black Sr., Kathy and Tom Hamilton, John Klipstine, Joanne Sharp, Larry Bemis, Ivan Miller, Cindy Elson, Cary Van De Grift, Dina Dancer Morris, Teresa Mayo Hammons, Jim Crotcher, Tina Kiser Deaton, Alvera Schmitz, Jerrod Pratt, Vicky Henderson, Julia Frey, Tonia Thompson, Fred Monnin, Thelma Shade, Bob Coppock, Lee Moody, Greg Moody, Stephen “Brownie” Brown, Faye Schlecty, Bill Beasley, Steve Cunningham, Kody Ketring, Allan Addington, Bob and Sandy Finkbine, Kevin Dickey, Joe Martin, Tracy Bailey, Brenda Grimes, Margaret “Peg” Bundy, Kevin Hemmerich, Ray Dickey Jr., Penny Starns, Tim Heck, Vanna (Hannam) Abbott, Suzy Heck Schilling, Addie Henderson, Barb Morrow Zimmerman, Samantha Smith, Shannon Peters Hall, Todd Walls, Ron Kramer, Melissa “Missy” Helmer, Susie Gress of Nebraska, Dana Holzapfel, Kara Didier, Carla Welch, Bill Schuette and to all those others who suffer from the many debilitating diseases as well as all of our military people serving and protecting this nation.
Son Jamie and I express our sincere condolences to the families of: Nick Cox, Jennifer Yoder, Freda Hensley, Georgia Wills, Candy Riegle and Sam Barga.
Think about it: “Without God, our week would be: Sinday, Mournday, Tearsday, Wasteday, Thirstday, Fightday, Shaturday. Seven days without God makes one weak.” – Unknown
Linda Moody is a staff writer for The Daily Advocate. Her column appears every Sunday. She can be reached at email@example.com.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU