Ever lose something that you thought you’d never see again?
Sometimes, you locate it or sometimes others do; other times, you don’t.
Well, I have some good news possibly for the owner of a mother’s ring that was found in Union City recently.
Julie Gray found one with four stones and bearing four names, knowing that it is probably something precious for some mother out there. And, she wants to get it returned to its owner.
“Call me at 937-968-5021 and please identify it,” she pleads. “I want it to get back to its rightful owner.”
I just can’t believe the stories I have been assigned to lately. Those are the types of features I like to write and feel honored to be able to do them. And, I hope I do them justice.
Even though it is hard on a family, I enjoy writing about how they are affected by someone else’s illness in the hopes that it can help someone else and let them know they’re not the only ones going through an ordeal. Maybe others can learn by what the ill person is going through, all the while wishing no one ever has to go through it all.
I also enjoy tributes that are made to deserving people and the honoring of people who have overcome major accomplishments.
That seems like what my last week was all about. That’s why I like this type of work.
• The next Treaty City Seniors dance will be Monday at the VFW Post on North Ohio Street in Greenville. Dancing is from 1 to 4 p.m. with Tom Everhart serving as deejay.
• The Rossburg Fire Department Auxiliary is hosting a spaghetti dinner in downtown Rossburg at the fire department April 1 from 4:30-6:30 p.m.
• The next hymn sing at Rose Hill Church will be at 4 p.m. on April 9.
Happy birthday to:
[I believe I left out the March 21 birthdays. Here they are: Fonda Newbauer, Jerry Singer, Kent Elleman, Andrea Hodge, Logan Beam, Connie Sewell, Mary Lane, Lonnie Mayse, Richard Lucas, Craig Wagner and Shala Cross. Sorry about that.]
• Today: Ann Subler (84).
• March 28 to Eva Cusac-Seale, Danny Meyers, Donna Slyder, H.B. Hole Jr., Bob Berger, Virginia Metzcar, Ray Eby, Dave Harrison, Michael Henderson,
• March 29 to Tom Everhart, Paula Devone, Tracy Beaver, Steve Blackburn and Audrey Hathaway.
• March 30 to Sharon Hummel, Cory Mikesell, Norma Kammer, David Griffin, Fred Dakin, Sharon Billenstein, Vickie Adams and Jay Spence.
• March 31 to Stacy Dorko, Susan Fowble, Jodi Clouse Fullroth, Brad Cottrell, Jody Hufford, Bessie Barga (99), Todd Thwaits, Anne Klamar, Greta Phlipot and Sandy Moore.
• April 1 to Rhonda Gigandet, Roxie Hale Earick, Kristy Cutarelli, Jim Appleman, Steve Campbell, Cheryl Campbell, Gretchen Deeter, Greg Sewell, Michael Burke, Dan Chavez, Wes Spencer, John Linebaugh, Judy Welch and Cara Chandler.
• April 2 to Rita Clack Rinderle, Pam Kramer, Darrell Coby (60), Mark Rismiller, Tess Clark and Adam Schlechty.
• April 3 to Sammi Midlam, Sandy Henning, Patty Jennings, Amanda Hoffman, Jerry Crawford, Marilyn and Carolyn Warren, Kent Snyder, Tyler Renner and Ashley Young.
Happy anniversary to: Kirby and Beth Wilcox on March 29; Jack and Marcia Henry on March 31; and Kevin and Terri Schlechty (35) on April 3.
Don’t forget to pray for: Tom Brumbaugh Jr., Mason Osterloh, Kent Clark, Kyndal Wynk, Harry Moody, Rosemary Goodpaster Wetzel, Vickie Martin, Betty Kremer, Jeff Stump, Stacy Dorko, Charlotte Metzcar, Vicki Wilker Gibson, Carl Francis, Evan Boggs, Rhonda Rodeheffer Rismiller, Janet Bolin, Shirley Miller, Roger Flory, Albert Duncan, Jack Good, Bill Duncan, Keith Starks, Darla Bowman Miller, Cheri Antrobus Davis, Scott Clark, Steve Schafer, Tom Hawkins, Greg Moody, Connie Apple, Jodie Glick, Kohen Thwaits, Jerrod Pratt, Dawn Oldiges, Judy York, Lowell Elsass, Linda Johnston, Tracy Bailey, Shannon Peters Hall, Jack Riegle, Bruce Knick, Aiden Turner, Brody Wilson, Carol Bollheimer, Roger McEowen, Al Bliss, Tim King, Gary Poor, Layna Best, Jean Eastridge, Alishia Clark Funk, Glenna Curry, Mike Bale, Phyllis Gibbons, Carmen Sanders, Michael Allen Clark, Elmer Long, Shirley Mead, Kathy Magoto,
Also, Wanda and Joe Bailey, Shelly Hoffman, Lisa Hall, Tammy Shapiro, David Magoto, Phil Clark, Sonny Hunt, Don and Nina McDaniel, D’Arleen Waymire, Pappy Harshman, Delores Duncan Bridges, John Klipstine, Elsie Svajda, Sue Chitty, Phil Chilcoat, Christine Pipenger, Paul Barton, Terry Ungericht, Gracyn Blackburn, Dave Starline, Bob Hiestand Jr., Kathy and Tom Hamilton, Joanne Sharp, Ivan Miller, Cindy Elson, Cary Van De Grift, Teresa Mayo Amspaugh, Tina Kiser Deaton, Tonia Thompson, Fred Monnin, Faye Schlecty, Sheila Reed, Bill Beasley, Kody Ketring, Bob and Sandy Finkbine, Kevin Dickey, Margaret “Peg” Bundy, Kevin Hemmerich, Penny Starns, Tim Heck, Vanna (Hannam) Abbott, Addie Henderson, Samantha Smith, Todd Walls, Ron Kramer, Dana Holzapfel, Kara Didier, Carla Welch and Bill Schuette.
And, pray for all those others who suffer from the many debilitating diseases, and may God bless all of our military people serving and protecting this nation, as well as rescue, fire and law enforcement personnel who put their lives on the line to protect us.
Jamie and I sincerely extend our condolences to the families of: Dennis Sebring, Sue Mendenhall Minnich, Francis Rose, Ted Cook, Shirley Hoff, Bill Riegel and Daniel Nisonger.
Think about it: “The disadvantage of people being punctual is that there’s nobody there to appreciate it.” — Unknown
Linda Moody is a staff writer for The Daily Advocate. Her column appears every Saturday. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU