It’s so blatantly obvious that it’s unnecessary to say, but “I’m not the brightest bulb” so when I notice something it’s usually quite apparent. Our society, (meaning our family life and morals) has steadily declined. It’s only my opinion but once again I believed we jumped the track in or around 1960. So when I watched the documentary entitled “Agenda: Grinding America Down” it really hit home for me.
The documentary references a book entitled “The Naked Communist, written by ex-FBI agent W. Cleon Skousen in 1958. The book outlines the Communist Party’s plans for covertly capturing America. The Party had 45 goals, because of space I will only list some of them but I recommend you look them up. Either type “45 goals from The Naked Communist” in your search engine or use this link http://bit.ly/2tGcDUD. It’s an eye opener. If interested you might also consider viewing a copy of “Agenda: Grinding America Down”.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policy-making positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a “religious crutch.”
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture—education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
I wasn’t around in the 1950’s during the “Red Scare,” when America feared communist espionage. But history reports that the US aggressively investigated, jailed, and deported those who were suspected of being either communist or left-wing. History also, reveals that there the same thing occurred in the 1920’s (“The First Red Scare”) after the Bolshevik Russia Revolution of 1917. But my Mom was around and I remember her telling me that Russia had threatened the USA claiming they would take over the United States without ever firing a shot.
Consider Russia’s threat and the 1917 message of Fatima in which Our Lady, sent by God, explained sin as the root of the world’s torments. And said” “I shall come to ask for the Consecration of Russia to My Immaculate Heart… If people attend to My requests, Russia will be converted and the world will have peace.” However she cautioned that if Her requests were not granted, “Russia will spread its errors throughout the world, raising up wars and persecutions of the Church. The good will be martyred, the Holy Father will have much to suffer and various nations will be annihilated.”
I’m not being an alarmist because I’m exceedingly hopeful. I know there are powerful prayer-warriors throughout the world heeding the warning of Fatima and recognizing its relevance today. I also know many young families that have taken back control of their families by home schooling and putting their faith and family ahead of worldly success.
Tonight and Saturday there is the Central Western Fireman’s Association convention at Heritage Park. The public is invited to watch the competitive firefighting games with food and drink available from 6 – 9:00 pm Friday and Saturday from noon – 5 p.m. Also tonight is the last concert performed at the Fountain Square Gazebo. Lone Raven will perform from 7 – 9 p.m., with beer and food available. In the event rain the event will move to the St. Denis Church basement.
Sunday, July 30 at 2 p.m. the 90-year-old Eberhard Fuhr will speak regarding the United States handling of Japanese and German immigrants during WWII. Eberhard’s family migrated from Germany by 1928 and settled in Cincinnati. In 1942 the FBI and Naturalization Service took internal security measures and relocated the family to the Crystal City Detention Camp in Texas. This event is free and held at the Versailles Performing Arts Center.
Happy birthday Johawnna Lawrence, Melissa Fraley, Bryson Keiser, Amy Owen, Lisa Berning, Mary Buxton, Amy Bartram, Jane Barton, Bradyn Lewis, Dr. Jennifer Rawlins, Kim Klipstine, Marilyn Swallow, Kane Epperly, Jayden DeLancey, Diane Schrader, Chamberlain Unger, Maddox Curtis, Evelyn Curtis, Jackson Timmerman, Rose Lawrence, Jan Gigandet, Bernadette Shawler, Beth Bell, Karen Berning, Vicki Redinbaugh, Paul Bruey, Murphy Grow, Kim Ward, Sharie Francis, Karyl Woolery, Andrea Barga, Barb Condon, Todd Finch, Joyce Huber, Janet Keyser, Todd Richhart, and Karen Herndon as their birthdays approach, as well as, anniversary wishes to Molly and Ben Eilerman (6), Amanda and Mitch Arnett (8), Holly and Brad Holzapfel (14), Jill and Shaun Brewer (17), Ericka and Kevin Bergman (17), Lynn and Tim Blakeley (23), Debbie and Jim Groff (23), Tammy and Brian Collins (23), Lisa and Don Berning (27), Connie and Jeff Stammen (39), and Barb and John Berger (61). Happy retirement wishes to Diane Kunk who retired this week from the post office.
Please give your supportive and healing prayers for the many who are dealing with any of life’s countless challenges, and especially for Mildred Levering, Wilma Heiby, Dick Ware (knee surgery rehab), Carl DeMange, Rosie Cordonnier, Romaine Berger, Irene Gehret, Judy York, Bill Luthman, Miriam Harman, Jack Monnin, Mary Batty, Norma Magoto, Anne Schmitz, Terry Black, Betty Kremer, Denny Grilliot, Beverly Brown, Harold Langston, Sr., Julie Keihl, Joan Magoto, Jeanne Brandon, Rosie Pearson, Virginia Smith, John Subler, Mary Barga, Anabelle Subler, Julia Billenstein, Merilyn Borchers, Connie (Baltes) Lechleiter, Dan Monnin, Lois Youngker, Barb Goubeaux, Cyril Frantz, Eileen Rahm, Cyril Voisard, Samantha Smith, Brian Voisard, and all those not mentioned by name who are recuperating, ailing, suffering, hospitalized, homebound and/or in need of our prayers and their caregivers.
Heartfelt sympathy to the family and friends of Danny Roseberry (69), John Pothast (74), Joann Smith (88), Vernon Hoying (95), and also remembering within our hearts the lives of Jerry Lee Maloy, Harlan Conley, James Youngker, John Pepiot, Sam Barga, Candy Riegel, Alvina Peltier, Paul Nieport, Netti Cramer, Sarah Hackett, Melody Alexander, Jack Wood, Leo Sheffler, Mike Phlipot, Mary Magoteaux, John Voisard, Laurene Drees, Larry Subler, Gary Cooper, Joy Monnin, William Apple, Mary Lou Oswalt, Helen Barhorst, Paul Knapke, Florence Pierron, Bonnie Bensman and all those not mentioned by name as the anniversary of their recently passing nears.
“Man will take anything you like, except warning.” ~Samuel L. Blanchard
“Wise men don’t need advice, fools won’t take it.” ~Benjamin Franklin
“Pride deafens us to advise or warnings” ~John C Maxwell
“We cannot learn without pain.” ~Aristotle
Kathy Magoto is a volunteer citizen columnist, who serves The Daily Advocate readers weekly with her weekly Versailles community column. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 526-3798. Feel free to contact her with Versailles news and tidbits. Viewpoints expressed in the article are the work of the author. The Daily Advocate does not endorse these viewpoints or the independent activities of the author.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU