Terry Burks of Warren, Connecticut, has asked The Daily Advocate for our help him in locating who could possibly be a local man, Nicky (Nicholas) Hutchinson.
“I am a U.S. Air Force veteran who served from 1964-68, stationed at Kadena Air Force Base, Okinawa, in the 245th Combat Support Group, 824th Civil Engineering Squadron,” he wrote. “I served with Nicky. That’s what everyone called him. I am not sure of the spelling of his last name. While I was stationed in Southeast Asia, I communicated with my family on three-inch reel-to-reel tapes. On one tape, I tell my family that he (Nicky) was from Greenville, Ohio.”
Burks said he has tried Facebook, military.com, Vietnam Veterans of America locator, and U. S. Air Force Kadena, Okinawa, with little success.
Those who have information on Hutchinson are asked to contact Terry W. Burks, 53 Valley road, Warren, CT 06777, or call 860-868-0206 t home or visit firstname.lastname@example.org
• Upcoming events at the Ansonia American Legion are: steak fry on Sept. 19; and the next fish fry from 4 to 6:30 p.m. Oct. 4. It was reported that raffle tickets for the Veteran’s Day bean supper in November are now available.
• The Rose Hill Church’s next gospel sing will be today, starting at 4 p.m.
• Sept. 16 to Jerry Riffell, Mike Fourman, Seth Young, Scott Langston and Shirley Grilliot.
• Sept. 17 to Linda Stachler, Jim Surber, Jerry Turner, Theresa Billenstein, Craig Dynes and Schanda Black (50).
• Sept. 18 to Nikki Norton Phillips, Jeremiah Riffell, Shelly Enicks Fields, Marc Erwin, Brenda Burns, Tony Ruble, Pam Hierholzer and Donna Hoschouer.
• Sept. 19 to Cortney Moody (20), Teresa Carney, Kim Carter Wolfe, Ryan Shook, Annette Riffell-Miller, Linda Miller Budde, Kyle Brown, Pam Marker, Debbie Labig, Norb Schlecty and Brittani Crossley.
• Sept. 20 to Darla Bowman (45), Brian Gibboney, Ronnie Thobe (60), Vickie Marker, Gene Clouse, Ruth Beasley Dunn, Sharon Cox, Amy L. Rice, Gary Powers, Brandon Livingston, Greg Thornhill, Krisann Frank, Greg Harshman, Alma May, Irene Rismiller, Joe Miller Jr., P.J. McCleskey, Jack Smith and Debra Vaughn Augustine.
• Sept. 21 to my dad (Lee Jr. Moody Jr.(89), Rick Moody, Bennie Jones, Paula Cox, Chad Lehman, John Francis, Bruce Kaiser, Larry Campbell, Gary Lamberg, Michelle Fourman, Becky George, Logan George,
• Sept. 22 to Becky Martin, Ann Bailey, Darrick Barga, Norma Magoto, Joedy Deeter, Rachel Lloyd, Nelson Rismiller and Rodney Christman.
Happy anniversary to: Stan and Sharon (Bubeck) Hemmelgarn (18) today; Deb and Rick Rose on Sept. 16; Dewey and Deb Ward, Bruce and Angel Strobel, Louis and Alma May and Dallas and Gina Ferguson, all on Sept. 18; Edna and Delbert Fourman and Eric and Kristen Fee, all on Sept. 19; and Brad and Kimberlee (Fourman) Freeman on Sept. 22.
Don’t forget to pray for: Stacy Dorko, Gloria Keller-Brinley, Rick Jones, Linda Johnston, Ron Kreitzer, Pappy Harshman, Gerald Rhoades, Albert Duncan, Delores Duncan, Ansonia Police Chief Frank Shapiro, Randy Heck, John Klipstine, Greg Moody, Elsie Svajda, Dave Sherman, Ron Kreitzer, Paul Barton, Terry Ungericht, Scarlett and Gracyn Blackburn, Jim Moody, Lowell Arnold, Joe and Wanda Bailey, Mel Grile, Robert Codling, Kohen Thwaits, Kenny Dunevant, J.C. and D’Arleen Waymire, Deanna Jones, William DeBord, Dave Starline, Bob Hiestand Jr., Kathy and Tom Hamilton, Joanne Sharp, Larry Bemis, Ivan Miller, Cindy Elson, Cary Van De Grift, Dina Dancer Morris, Teresa Mayo Hammons, Jim Crotcher, Tina Kiser Deaton, Alvera Schmitz, Jerrod Pratt, Vicky Henderson, Julia Frey, Tonia Thompson, Fred Monnin, Thelma Shade, Bob Coppock, Lee Moody, Stephen “Brownie” Brown.
Also, Nate Epperson, Brad Pipenger, Faye Schlecty, Michelle Sparks Reed, Bill Beasley, Steve Cunningham, Kody Ketring, Allan Addington, Bob and Sandy Finkbine, Kevin Dickey, Joe Martin, Tracy Bailey, Brenda Grimes, Margaret “Peg” Bundy, Kevin Hemmerich, Ray Dickey Jr., Penny Starns, Tim Heck, Vanna (Hannam) Abbott, Suzy Heck Schilling, Addie Henderson, Barb Morrow Zimmerman, Samantha Smith, Shannon Peters Hall, Todd Walls, Ron Kramer, Melissa “Missy” Helmer, Susie Gress of Nebraska, Dana Holzapfel, Kara Didier, Carla Welch, Bill Schuette and to all those others who suffer from the many debilitating diseases. And, God bless all of our military people serving and protecting this nation.
Son Jamie and I express our sincere condolences to the families of: Miriam Lockman, Charles “Jimmy” Meyers, Rachel Jones, Juanita Hawkey and Shirley Ann Johnson-Nolan.
Think about it: “Remember, no storm lasts forever. Hold on. Be brave, Have faith. Every storm is temporary and we’re never alone.” — Unknown
Linda Moody is a staff writer for The Daily Advocate. Her column appears every Sunday. She can be reached at email@example.com.