Wish I could get in the Christmas spirit, but very seldom does it ever seem to happen, until maybe at the last minute.
I’m sure the weather is not to blame, because the weather each year is different, yet my mood stays the same.
Or it could possibly be that I have been through two bouts of what could possibly be a virus. Each lasted for 72 hours, and someone else is telling me that it comes in three phases. Hope they’re wrong.
I just know I have very little energy and motivation. Can’t wait to get that back.
Of course, Christmas was fun when we were younger and even when the offspring of my siblings and me were growing up, but it takes on a new meaning I think as we become seasoned, a word Jim Buchy once described senior citizenry to me.
I used to love decorating but now only have a few pieces out for son Jamie and me to enjoy.
I just know I love the Christmas season but wonder if we celebrate too much without taking into consideration the real reason for celebrating.
It is my sole wish, however, that everyone does have a Merry Christmas and don’t let Gloomy Guses like me spoil the holiday.
And, this Christmas, all I want is:
• A cure for life-threatening diseases, including cancer and Alzheimer’s.
• America to return to what we knew it as in years past.
• Peace all over the world now and in the future.
• For God to be prevalent in households, schools and government.
• All of our military people to be out of harm’s way at all times.
• People to be happy, healthy and loved.
• For businesses to thrive and for families to live comfortably financially.
• A mild winter.
• For us not to forget but remember those who left us too soon.
Merry Christmas. Enjoy your day!
• There will be no fish fry in January at the Ansonia American Legion.
• Dec. 24 to Cindy Hayes-Burk, Jamie Husted and Tim Heck.
• Dec. 25 to Jesus Christ, Charlie Prasuhn, Cheri Antrobus Davis, Connie Stachler, Carol Schuh, Lance Bartram, Marilynne McClanahan and Rick Macias.
• Dec. 26 to Harold McKnight (90), Karen Hecht, Molly Walls, Mackenzie Stucke, Matt Duncan, Terry Curtis and Mark Hierholzer.
• Dec. 27 to Bea Moody (our mother), Tina McClanahan, Scotty Pfledderer, Santena Brickler, Doug Drexler, Peggy Follrod, Dana Heck, Mary Bevins, Eddie O’Rock, Daryl Goodwin (65), Jim Batten and Roger Oliver of Versailles.
• Dec. 28 to Karlyn Leeper, Bill Gantt, Holden Long and Carol Cox.
• Dec. 29 to Betty Burnfield (45), Heather Midlam, Benjamin Cooley, Brad Slyder, Bruce Hetzler, Kayla Young and Joe Werner.
• Dec. 30 to Harry Moody, Keith Burk, Kerry Reier, Monica Stover, Pat McCarthy, Caitlin Moody, Stacy Kammer Barnt, Aaron Matthew, Kylee Freeman, Trevor Hemmerich (10), Christa Bonfiglio, Alena Wickham, Brooke Neal and Craig Prenger.
Happy anniversary to: Steve and Christa Bonfiglio on Dec. 30.
Happy belated anniversary to Rob and Tina Chalmers (20 years) and Jim and Diane Zumbrink, all on Dec. 16, and Dawn and Matt Harrison (23) on Dec. 17.
Don’t forget to pray for: Stacy Dorko, Tim Ridenour, Jennifer Platfoot, Betty Grimes, Kathy Magoto, Dean Brewer, Ken Morton, Lisa Hall, Dick Neff, Tammy Shapiro, David Magoto, Charles LaFuze, Mike Doyle, Phil Clark, Sonny Hunt, Kenny Chancy, Jim Marker, Roger McEowen, Terry Longfellow, Bill Drew, Don and Linda Myers, Nina McDaniel, Rusty Wilson, Lee Moody (our father), Linda Johnston, Ron Kreitzer, Pappy Harshman, Gerald Rhoades, Harold Rismiller, Rick Jones, Albert Duncan, Delores Duncan, Ansonia Police Chief Frank Shapiro, Randy Heck, John Klipstine, Greg Moody, Elsie Svajda, Dave Sherman, Sue Chitty, Phil Chilcoat, Christine Pipenger, Paul Barton, Terry Ungericht, Gracyn Blackburn, Jim Moody, Lowell Arnold, Joe and Wanda Bailey, Robert Codling, Kohen Thwaits, J.C. and D’Arleen Waymire, Deanna Jones, William DeBord, Dave Starline, Bob Hiestand Jr., Kathy and Tom Hamilton, Joanne Sharp, Larry Bemis, Ivan Miller, Cindy Elson, Cary Van De Grift, Dina Dancer Morris, Teresa Mayo Amspaugh, Jim Crotcher, Tina Kiser Deaton, Alvera Schmitz, Jerrod Pratt, Vicky Henderson, Julia Frey, Tonia Thompson, Fred Monnin, Bob Coppock, Stephen “Brownie” Brown.
Also, Nate Epperson, Brad Pipenger, Faye Schlecty, Michelle Sparks Reed, Bill Beasley, Steve Cunningham, Kody Ketring, Bob and Sandy Finkbine, Kevin Dickey, Joe Martin, Tracy Bailey, Brenda Grimes, Margaret “Peg” Bundy, Kevin Hemmerich, Ray Dickey Jr., Penny Starns, Tim Heck, Vanna (Hannam) Abbott, Suzy Heck Schilling, Addie Henderson, Barb Morrow Zimmerman, Samantha Smith, Shannon Peters Hall, Todd Walls, Ron Kramer, Melissa “Missy” Helmer, Susie Gress of Nebraska, Dana Holzapfel, Kara Didier, Carla Welch, Bill Schuette and to all those others who suffer from the many debilitating diseases. And, God bless all of our military people serving and protecting this nation.
Jamie and I send our condolences to the families of: Tom Dorris, Jerry Depoy, Bill Weiss and John Ainsworth.
Think about it: “Each of us shines in a different light but his doesn’t make our light less bright.” – Anonymous
Linda Moody is a staff writer for The Daily Advocate. Her column appears every Sunday. She can be reached at email@example.com.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU