What is this world coming to? Can’t it go back to the way it used to be? Or is that too much to ask?
I used to think America was the greatest place to live, and I still do, but things are changing and I don’t think necessarily for the good. That’s just my opinion.
I’m afraid for the future of my friends and family members, but all we can really do is put it in God’s hands, which we should do anyway.
I don’t even want to see the newscasts on television anymore and I just scroll past most of the political posts on Facebook. Please tell me this is a dream.
I don’t like politics because I believe we should all just get along, no matter what party we belong to or what race, color and creed we are.
The United States, of course, is my main concern, but wouldn’t it be nice if there were peace all over the world by the end of this year? That would be one of my main goals.
Each country should aim for peace and do away with terrorism and other kinds of bickering. According to the Bible, we probably are in the end times, but I would hate to go out of this world with that in mind.
All I can advise is to pray and pray hard. America needs it.
God bless America!
If everybody noticed, I started a monthly series on area churches on front page today. If you know of a church in any area Darke County community you’d like me to feature, I would be glad to hear from you. I already have quite a few in mind, but could use some expert advice on any additional ones, large or small. I’m especially interested in those churches that have a special story to tell.
• The next fish fry at the Ansonia American Legion will be Feb. 5 from 4-6:30 p.m. Cost is $7. Ansonia Legion will also be hosting a steak fry Jan. 16 from 5 to 8 p.m. and Jennifer’s Burritos on Jan. 22 from 5 to 7 p.m.
• Jan. 14 to Brad Shafer, Cristy Turner Smith, Kaleigh Stockton, Joy Roseberry, Sammy Holsapple, Linda St. Myers, Aaron Sebring and Peggy Pretzman.
• Jan. 15 to Betty McMiller, Jane Faller Hole and Tyler Neal.
• Jan. 16 to Tisha Hodson Shepherd, Nancy Linebaugh, Jeanette Ida Noggle, Jim Grant, Kody Ketring, Marilyn Weider, Dorothy Sanders, Jeff Byram, Nancy Linebaugh, Brian Jones and Helen Witt.
• Jan. 17 to Kevin Riffell, Tyler Hiestand (25), Wanda Eley Burke, Anita Brown Unrast, Kenton Moore, Twila Carter, Lois Drew and Ruth Rogers.
• Jan. 18 to Tonya Francis Fennig, Jeff Wappelhorst, Josh Swisher, Ralph Byrd, Tom Moody, Brent Erickson, Theora Rismiller (90) and Jeff Wappelhorst.
• Jan. 19 to Crystal Mead (35).
• Jan. 20 to Judie Hathaway, Josh Riffell, Ellen Depweg Hetzler, Taylor Hammaker, Karen Smith Brown Fiste, Dale Beam, Kesley Walker, David Kress and Bud House.
Happy belated birthday to Tina Clevenger on Jan. 4; Faye Schlechty (not husband Norbert) on Jan. 10;
Happy anniversary to: Ron and Karen Bailey on Jan. 10; Zane and Connie Keller and Mary and John Rismiller, all on Jan. 12; and Treva and Bob Hamilton (55) on Jan. 14.
Don’t forget to pray for: Stacy Dorko, Tim Ridenour, Jennifer Platfoot, Dan Norton, Keith Howard, Betty Grimes, Kathy Magoto, Dean Brewer, Ken Morton, Lisa Hall, Dick Neff, Tammy Shapiro, Ken Martin, David Magoto, Charles LaFuze, Phil Clark, Sonny Hunt, Kenny Chancy, Jim Marker, Roger McEowen, Terry Longfellow, Bill Drew, Don and Linda Myers, Nina McDaniel, Rusty Wilson, Lee Moody (our father), Linda Johnston, Ron Kreitzer, Pappy Harshman, Gerald Rhoades, Harold Rismiller, Rick Jones, Delores Duncan, Ansonia Police Chief Frank Shapiro, Randy Heck, John Klipstine, Greg Moody, Elsie Svajda, Dave Sherman, Sue Chitty, Phil Chilcoat, Christine Pipenger, Paul Barton, Terry Ungericht, Gracyn Blackburn, Jim Moody, Lowell Arnold, Joe and Wanda Bailey, Robert Codling, Kohen Thwaits, J.C. and D’Arleen Waymire, Deanna Jones, William DeBord, Dave Starline, Bob Hiestand Jr., Kathy and Tom Hamilton, Joanne Sharp, Larry Bemis, Ivan Miller, Cindy Elson, Cary Van De Grift, Dina Dancer Morris, Teresa Mayo Amspaugh, Jim Crotcher, Tina Kiser Deaton, Alvera Schmitz, Jerrod Pratt, Vicky Henderson, Julia Frey, Tonia Thompson, Fred Monnin, Bob Coppock, Stephen “Brownie” Brown.
Also, Nate Epperson, Brad Pipenger, Faye Schlecty, Michelle Sparks Reed, Sheila Reed, Bill Beasley, Steve Cunningham, Kody Ketring, Bob and Sandy Finkbine, Kevin Dickey, Joe Martin, Tracy Bailey, Brenda Grimes, Margaret “Peg” Bundy, Kevin Hemmerich, Ray Dickey Jr., Penny Starns, Tim Heck, Vanna (Hannam) Abbott, Suzy Heck Schilling, Addie Henderson, Barb Morrow Zimmerman, Samantha Smith, Shannon Peters Hall, Todd Walls, Ron Kramer, Melissa “Missy” Helmer, Susie Gress of Nebraska, Dana Holzapfel, Kara Didier, Carla Welch, Bill Schuette and to all those others who suffer from the many debilitating diseases. And, God bless all of our military people serving and protecting this nation.
Jamie and I send our condolences to the families of Charlie Keaser, Jim Gross, Dick Ganger, Keith Richards, Julie Widener, Robert Schooley, Frederick Topp, the Rev. Ted Wonder and Floyd Cassel Jr.
Think about it: “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” — Pele