DARKE COUNTY – The Darke County Auditor’s Office is now accepting applications from homeowners and manufactured home owners who are eligible to file for a homestead reduction on their Real Estate Taxes or manufactured Home Taxes or Manufactured Home Taxes (payable in 2017).
The “Homestead Law” grants a homestead reduction to disabled homeowners, regardless of age, as well as homeowners who will be 65 years of age or older in the year 2016. The basic qualifications for a homeowner who will be 65 years of age or older in 2016 are:
1. Must have owned and occupied the homestead property as of January 1, 2016.
2. Ohio Adjusted gross Income from 2015, applicant and spouse, must be at or below $31,500.
The basic qualifications for a disabled homeowner are listed below.
1. Must be considered “Permanently and totally disabled” as of January 1, 2016.
2. Must have owned and occupied the homestead property as of January 1, 2016.
3. Ohio Adjusted Gross Income from 2015, applicant and spouse, must be at or below $31,500.
When applying for the Homestead Reduction, please provide the following information:
1. Driver’s License for verification of age.
2. Proof of Income.
3. If filing for a Disability Homestead Reduction, you must provide:
(a) Your Federal/State Paperwork showing the effective date of your disability OR,
(b) The DTE105E form completed by your doctor.
All necessary forms, including the DTE 105A (Homestead Application) and DTE105E (Certificate of Disability), can be obtained at the auditor’s office in the courthouse, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or on the auditor’s website at www.darkecountyrealestate.org under the Forms option.
If any assistance or more information is needed for Homestead, please call 937-547-7313 and ask for Kyley or Emily. The deadline for filing a Homestead reduction is June 6.