BRADFORD — The following are upcoming activities for the Bradford Public Library (BPL):
- Saturday, Nov. 5 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. will be the Annual New Friends of the Library Craft Show. This will be a great time for early shoppers to get those one-of-a-kind gifts for family and friends! There will be a wide variety of items to choose from and don’t forget the kiddos. There will be items for them, too. If you are a crafter and want to participate, contact Friend’s President Carolyn Smith at 937-448-2285 for more information.
- Wednesday, Nov. 9 at 6:30 p.m. will be a Kat’s Crafts event. BPL is pleased to announce that Kathy Weigandt, ultimate crafter, will be teaching a class every other month on a different topic and/or craft. She will take attendees through a step-by-step process in creating a lighted clothes hanger Christmas tree. Contact the library at 448-2612 to sign-up in advance and no later than Friday, Nov. 4 so that appropriate materials can be purchased. There will be a fee for this event.
- Tuesday and Wednesday, Nov. 15 and 16 – BPL will be hosting Professional woodcarver Butch Clark from 6:30 – 9 p.m. each evening. More information coming. This will be well-attended, so sign-up in advance for this two-evening class at 937-448-2612. Contact the library and get your name on our list right away.
- Thursday, Nov. 17 – BPL will be hosting Teresa Stryker with her famous homemade “Just a Pie” crust class. You’ve probably heard the old expression “easy as pie”, but if you’ve ever tried to make a pie from scratch, you may have wondered why anyone ever thought pie was easy. Usually, it is the pie crust that convinces most people they can’t bake a pie. If you have ever been defeated by pie crust, this is a class for you! “Just a Crust” will be a hands-on learning experience. You will be introduced to the science of pie crust ingredients and the art of combining and rolling them to produce a flaky pastry. Each participant will actually make two crusts to take home to fill and bake. Filling recipes will be shared. Cost for all materials is only $5. Make certain you sign-up by the deadline of November 11.
- The Library will be closed for Thanksgiving on Thursday, Nov. 24. The library will be open for regular Friday and Saturday hours.
- Friday and Saturday, Nov. 25 and 26, Bradford Public Library is inviting all Lego lovers and aficionados to help build our Lego Christmas village and Santa Claus town. The library has just purchased the newest Lego Christmas Village piece. This will be the newest added to our current collection. All Legos will be provided for this project. Come in anytime between 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. The second Saturday to help build the Christmas project will be Saturday, Dec. 3 during the same times. This activity is recommended for kids 10 years and up through adults. Yes, we know there are adults who love Legos too! You don’t need to sign up, just come and join in the fun. The village and Santa Town will be displayed throughout the library with the names of our builders thru January 2017. Grab a few friends and come help us get the library ready for the Christmas season.