GREENVILLE – Darke County was well represented among the winners of this year’s 2016 “Best of Ohio Reader’s Choice” awards, sponsored by Ohio Magazine. Every year, Ohio Magazine sponsors a poll that compiles a list of the best attractions and venues in Ohio, chosen by readers of Ohio Magazine. Darke County was awarded five accolades this year, including:
• Best Main Street/Downtown: Main Street Greenville
• County Fair: The GREAT! Darke County Fair (second year in a row)
• Best Historical Museum: Garst Museum (second year in a row)
• Best Summer Festival: Gathering at Garst
• Best Winery: The Winery at Versailles
“This amount of recognition for one county is incredible,” said Matt Staugler, Executive Director of the Darke County Visitors Bureau. “To be so well represented across such a diverse group of categories is truly amazing, and speaks to the tremendously hard work members of our community put forth to make Darke County a great place to visit and live.”
For more information on Ohio Magazine and the “Best of Ohio” awards, visit www.ohiomagazine.com.
The Darke County Visitors Bureau is located at 421 S. Broadway in Greenville, OH and can be reached at 937-548-5158 or www.visitdarkecounty.org.