GREENVILLE – Reid Health is offering a community education series starting Wednesday, Sept. 9 at Reid Specialty Physicians of Greenville, its new facility at 1101 Jackson Street.
The series kicks off at 6 p.m. with a presentation on “Heart Health – Heart Healthy Diet; Is it for Everyone?” featuring Dr. Henry Chong of Bethel Cardiology and Ashley Pax, registered dietitian at the Village Green Health Campus. The presentation – which includes dinner — is free, but requires reservations by calling Claudia Anderson, 765-935-8408 by Monday.
Future sessions, all starting at 6 p.m. include:
· “Joint Pain and What You Can Do About It,” with Dr. Chad Reed, Reid Orthopedics surgeon.
· “Breast Health,” with Dr. Tom Grayson, General Surgeons in Richmond, Nov. 5.
· “Integrating Alternative Therapies into Traditional Cancer Care,” with Dr. Jeevan Sekhar, Reid Oncology Associates, Jan. 21.
Reid Health’s Greenville Medical Office Building opened in June. The $11 million facility consolidated specialty care – much of which long provided by Reid Health in the community in different locations – into one facility.
The caregivers in the complex include:
· Bethel Cardiology, the longtime Greenville cardiology practice of Henry Chong, M.D., who is part of the Reid Heart & Vascular Center.
· Reid Orthopedics.
· Reid ENT.
· Reid Neurology Associates.
· Richmond Rheumatology Center.
· Reid Psychiatric Services.
· Urological Care.
· And telemedicine will bring other specialists to the community over the next few months.