Family credits dog of alerting them of early morning fire


By Jim Comer - For The Daily Advocate



Beth Miller said she and her family were in the process of moving out of a residence and were staying in a travel trailer on the property when a fire occurred at 3 a.m. Friday. The family was fortunate to have had most of their belongings removed from the house with only a small amount remaining inside, she said.

Beth Miller said she and her family were in the process of moving out of a residence and were staying in a travel trailer on the property when a fire occurred at 3 a.m. Friday. The family was fortunate to have had most of their belongings removed from the house with only a small amount remaining inside, she said.


Jim Comer | For The Daily Advocate

Beth Miller said she and her family were in the process of moving out of a residence and were staying in a travel trailer on the property when a fire occurred at 3 a.m. Friday. The family was fortunate to have had most of their belongings removed from the house with only a small amount remaining inside, she said.


Jim Comer | For The Daily Advocate

Beth Miller said she and her family were in the process of moving out of a residence and were staying in a travel trailer on the property when a fire occurred at 3 a.m. Friday. The family was fortunate to have had most of their belongings removed from the house with only a small amount remaining inside, she said.


Jim Comer | For The Daily Advocate

Beth Miller said she and her family were in the process of moving out of a residence and were staying in a travel trailer on the property when a fire occurred at 3 a.m. Friday. The family was fortunate to have had most of their belongings removed from the house with only a small amount remaining inside, she said.


Jim Comer | For The Daily Advocate

NEW MADISON – A family credits their dog for alerting them of an early morning fire on Friday that took place while they were sleeping.

At approximately 3 a.m., emergency personnel from the New Madison Fire Department and Tri-Village Rescue along with deputies from the Darke County Sheriff’s Department and numerous mutual aid companies were dispatched to on a working structure fire. Arriving units reported flames and heavy smoke showing from the second story of the structure.

According to Beth Miller, she and her family were in the process of moving out of the residence and were staying in a travel trailer on the property when the fire occurred. She credits that she and the others were made aware of the fire when they were awoken by their dog barking in response to the situation. Miller added they were very fortunate to have had most of their belongings removed from the house with only a small amount remaining inside.

Authorities on the scene reported that extra caution was taken when entering the building due to the reports of a large amount of ammunition still left inside the residence on the second floor where the bulk of the fire was located.

Due to the undetermined cause and questionable nature of the fire, investigators were called to the scene to assist in the investigation. The fire will remain under investigation by the New Madison Fire Department.

Beth Miller said she and her family were in the process of moving out of a residence and were staying in a travel trailer on the property when a fire occurred at 3 a.m. Friday. The family was fortunate to have had most of their belongings removed from the house with only a small amount remaining inside, she said.
https://www.dailyadvocate.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/34/2018/11/web1_WEB-039-2-.jpgBeth Miller said she and her family were in the process of moving out of a residence and were staying in a travel trailer on the property when a fire occurred at 3 a.m. Friday. The family was fortunate to have had most of their belongings removed from the house with only a small amount remaining inside, she said. Jim Comer | For The Daily Advocate

Beth Miller said she and her family were in the process of moving out of a residence and were staying in a travel trailer on the property when a fire occurred at 3 a.m. Friday. The family was fortunate to have had most of their belongings removed from the house with only a small amount remaining inside, she said.
https://www.dailyadvocate.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/34/2018/11/web1_WEB-034-2-.jpgBeth Miller said she and her family were in the process of moving out of a residence and were staying in a travel trailer on the property when a fire occurred at 3 a.m. Friday. The family was fortunate to have had most of their belongings removed from the house with only a small amount remaining inside, she said. Jim Comer | For The Daily Advocate

Beth Miller said she and her family were in the process of moving out of a residence and were staying in a travel trailer on the property when a fire occurred at 3 a.m. Friday. The family was fortunate to have had most of their belongings removed from the house with only a small amount remaining inside, she said.
https://www.dailyadvocate.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/34/2018/11/web1_WEB-166-2-.jpgBeth Miller said she and her family were in the process of moving out of a residence and were staying in a travel trailer on the property when a fire occurred at 3 a.m. Friday. The family was fortunate to have had most of their belongings removed from the house with only a small amount remaining inside, she said. Jim Comer | For The Daily Advocate

Beth Miller said she and her family were in the process of moving out of a residence and were staying in a travel trailer on the property when a fire occurred at 3 a.m. Friday. The family was fortunate to have had most of their belongings removed from the house with only a small amount remaining inside, she said.
https://www.dailyadvocate.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/34/2018/11/web1_WEB-104-2-.jpgBeth Miller said she and her family were in the process of moving out of a residence and were staying in a travel trailer on the property when a fire occurred at 3 a.m. Friday. The family was fortunate to have had most of their belongings removed from the house with only a small amount remaining inside, she said. Jim Comer | For The Daily Advocate

By Jim Comer

For The Daily Advocate