GREENVILLE – In July, the City of Greenville Tree Commission will conduct a Tree Lottery offering up to 15 trees, including the planting.
The commission will randomly select up to 15 recipients through a random drawing that will take place on Thursday, Aug. 1 at the Municipal Building.
Lottery forms are now available in the mayor’s office of the Municipal Building, and must be completed and returned by 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 1.
Eligibility guidelines are as follows:
* Only property owners living within the corporation limits will be eligible to participate in the lottery; one entry per property.
* Property owners who fail to properly maintain either a replacement tree or lottery tree will not be eligible to participate in future lotteries.
* Property owners will not be eligible to receive a tree through the lottery process in two consecutive years.
* All lottery trees will be planted within the corporation limits in the public right-of-way and in accordance with the city’s tree ordinance and planting regulations.
* All lottery trees will require a tree planting permit (no charge). A Tree Permit application must be completed and submitted to the Office of the Mayor in order for the city to purchase and plant tree.
* Recipients need not be present at drawing to win.
* 2019 varieties of trees will include a choice of: Flowering Crabapple, Golden Rain Tree, Hawthorn, Red Maple, Black Tupelo, Sweetgum and Sugar Maple.
Questions may be directed to the Office of the Mayor at 548-1482.