UNION CITY — A family of two was left homeless Monday evening after a mobile home fire that destroyed everything within.
At approximately 11:49 p.m., Emergency personnel from Union City Fire and Rescue rescinded along with mutual aid from the Ansonia and Liberty Township Fire Departments as well as deputies from the Darke County Sheriff’s Office and the Union City Police Department to 503 Beamsville-Union City Road, lot 4, in reference to a mobile home.
According to Assistant Fire Chief Greg Miller, of the Union City Fire Department, crews arrived on the scene to find heavy smoke and flames showing from the structure.
Firefighters were able to quickly knock down the fire and protect residences on all sides of the mobile home, limiting damage to minor heat and smoke damage to those exposures. Both occupants of the residence were home at the time the fire broke out and safely evacuated with their two dogs to nearby neighbors.
Due to the extent of the damage to the home, the American Red Cross was called to the scene to aid in the assistance of the family. “The home is a total loss,” stated Assistant Chief Miller. “The family has lost everything within the home.”
The fire, believed to be electrical in nature, started at the front of the structure, and quickly spread throughout the mobile home. No injuries or further incidents have been reported as a result of the fire.
The fire remains under investigation by the Union City Fire Department.