UNION CITY, Ohio — Mississinawa Valley Board of Education learned that there would be a senior student/parent financial meeting to be held on Wednesday at 6 p.m. in the Cafetorium at its regular board meeting.
In other matters, the board approved:
• Doris Schweppe as the Saturday school supervisor for the 2016-17 school year.
• The tutor rate of $17 per hour for the 2016-17 school year.
• The 2016-17 school year transportation reimbursement amount calculated by ODE.
• Aaron Lairson as a full-time nurse for a special education student for the 2016-17 school year.
• The MD Class for an overnight field trip to the Light Foundation Chenoweth Trails in September.
• The FFA Chapter out-of-state and/or overnight trips as follows: National FFA Convention – May 4-5, 2017, FFA State Convention – June 1-3, 2017, Officer Retreat (tentative), and FFA Camp – June 19-23, 2017 (tentative).
• A trip to Ball State University coordinated by Mrs. Howard, guidance counselor. The day trip is tentatively scheduled for the week of Nov. 14 for interested junior and senior students.
• The following co-curricular contracts: Greg Beherns – robotics club adviser, Chene’ Bridges – drama club adviser (1/2), Sara Lewis – drama club adviser (1/2), Gwen Bergman – eighth-grade girls’ basketball coach, Jacob Barga – junior varsity coach for high school boys’ basketball, Jeff Adams – head varsity coach for boys’ bowling (1/2), Alan Longfellow – head varsity coach for boys’ bowling (1/2), Ismael Anguiano – eighth-grade boys’ basketball coach, and Adam Harris – seventh-grade boys’ basketball coach.
• FMLA for Tony Neargarder, building and grounds supervisor, and Janel Thobe, elementary teacher.
• A new policy-special update for Policy 3223 Standard-Based School Counselor Evaluation.
• The following classified employee contracts: John Hannan – bus driver retroactive to Aug. 30, 2016, Amanda Grow – para professional retroactive to Aug. 30, 2016, and Lisa DeVanney – bus driver.
• Brian Rehmert as a volunteer coach during the 2016-17 school year for the high school boys’ basketball program.
The board accepted, with regret, the resignation of Bill Linder, bus driver, effective Sept. 9, 2016.
In new business, the board heard an update on the well pump, and was informed that on Sept. 15, Mississinawa would be getting its school grade from the Ohio Department of Education.
Sept. 19 and Jan. 17 were announced to be waiver days at the school.
Waiver Days (September 19, 2016 and January 17, 2017)
It was reported that on Oct. 17, Mrs. Howard has scheduled a trip to Wright State University for interested juniors and seniors.
The board went into executive session at 7 p.m. for the express purpose of discussing personnel employment, and returned to regular session at 8:15 p.m. with the meeting adjourning two minutes later.