RUSSIA– The Russia Local School Board of Education met July 19 to get ready for the 2015-16 school year.
The board reviewed the financial summary report, the updated spending plan, and the three year spending plan comparison. The board also reviewed the year-end status for fiscal year 2015.
The board accepted the retirement of Bonnie York as cafeteria manager effective November 30, 2015.
The following employees were hired for the 2015-16 school year.
• Bonnie York as Cafeteria Manager from August through November at a rate of $212.
• Michael Fulk as Music Extended Services at a rate of $3,187.
• Diane Magoto as Music Assistant at a salary of $637.
• Jana Salisbury as AP Blended Learning Coordinator at a salary of $200.
• Diane Magoto as Summer School Aide at a rate of $12.25 per hour.
• Angie Monnin as Summer School Sub Teacher at a rate of $20 per hour.
• Nichole Meyer as an aide for a Russia student at the Anna Unit at a rate of $12 per hour.
• Kristin Brandon as Varsity Volleyball Coach at an annual salary of $3,368.
• Angie Baldridge as Assistant Varsity Volleyball Coach at an annual salary of $1,275.
• Bethany York and Abbie Goubeaux as co-7th grade Volleyball Coaches at an annual salary of $637.50 each.
• Spencer Cordonnier as Varsity Boys Basketball Coach at an annual salary of $4,780.
• Mick Leffel as Assistant Varsity Boys Basketball Coach at an annual salary of $1,912.
• Dave Borchers as JV Boys Basketball Coach at an annual salary of $3,155.
• Taylor Magoto as JH Cheer Advisor at an annual salary of $956.
• Amber Cordonnier, Missy Monnin, and Roger Hammonds as site coordinators on a per game basis.
• Amber Cordonnier, Rita Monnin, Nicki Shefbuch, Andi Unverferth, Linda Scott, Spencer Cordonnier, Carrie Schulze and Barb Cordonnier as ticket takers on a per game basis.
• Terry Daugherty as Varsity & JV Boys Golf Coach at a combined annual salary of $2,390.
• Virgil Fullenkamp as Volunteer Boys Golf Coach.
The board passed motions to approve student fees, lunch fees, and athletic admission prices for the 2015-16 school year.
Lunch fees will be as follows:
• Grades 1-6 $1.95
• Grades 7-12 $2.20
• Adult lunches $2.50
The board authorized Russia Local School to participate in the following federal and state programs during the 2015-16 school year: Title I, Title IIA, Title IID, Title IVA, Title V, Part B-IDEA, E-Rate, free and reduced lunch program, EMIS Subsidy program, REAP, SchoolNet, and ONENet.
The board approved the student handbook and bus routes for the 2015-16 school year. They also approved the superintendent to make modifications to the bus route on an as-needed basis.
They passed a motion to approve the Athletic Activity Fee of $20 per season per athlete for the 2015-16 school year and approved updates to the District Emergency Response Procedures.
A motion passed to accept a $800 donation from Russia Athletic Boosters for scholarship purposes.
Superintendent Steven Rose discussed the inclusion of the EPI Pen Policy as an added NEOLA Policy.
Principal Karen Bensman and Rose discussed the results of the AP tests which were taken by some AP students at the end of the 2014-15 school year. There were a total of 14 exams taken by 8 students. Of the 14 exams taken, 11 received passing scores.
The board approved salaries for the superintendent, principal and treasurer.
• The superintendent salary was set at $94,500 for the 2015-16 contract year.
• The principal salary was set at $73,500 for the 2015-16 school year.
• The treasurer salary was set at $72,000 for the 2015-16 contract year.