I was really glad we had a later winter this year, but I think we’re paying for it with our health.
It seems like everybody is sick and I’m sure it’s because there was no real cold air to kill the germs.
Stomach issues were my problem for about three weeks on and off and now, this past week, I was affected with bronchial issues.
I haven’t been this sick in a long time, and I swear I had my flu shot and, for the first time ever, a pneumonia shot.
I can’t wait until I feel 100 percent better. It won’t make me like the cold, snowy conditions any better, but I’m sure we need those conditions to make this world go round. So, we have to live with it. Maybe it’ll be a short winter season, with just some snow…no ice or winds. We can only hope.
We had to say goodbye to a family member this week, my uncle, JC Waymire, died a week ago and laid to eternal rest on Thursday afternoon. He was always there for his wife, D’Arleen, my father’s only sister, who was diagnosed more than 30 years ago with rheumatoid arthritis. He was her caregiver and did a great job of it.
He will be missed not only by her, their children and grandchildren, but by the rest of his family and friends.
R.I.P., Uncle JC. You’ll never be forgotten.
• The next fish fry at the Ansonia American Legion will be Feb. 5 from 4-6:30 p.m. Cost is $7.
• The Treaty City Seniors Dances will continue every Monday from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Eagles Lodge on East Third Street in Greenville. Tom Everhart will entertain with his rock and roll music of the past. There will be food to purchase, soft drinks only, door prizes and a 50/50 drawing. This just isn’t for seniors, but for adults of any age. Organizer Lynn Newbauer said, “No children please.”
• Jan. 28 to Joan Toomey, David Michael Bowers (70), Pam Shotz Weaver (55), Missy Smith and Jerry Oliver (80).
• Jan. 29 to Debbie Shilt, Deb Fritz-Miller and Shirley Wampler.
• Jan. 30 to Albert Fleckenstein and Rise Labig.
• Jan. 31 to Betty Grimes and Karen Printz.
• Feb. 1 to David Starline, Todd Walls, Jann Coby, Sierra Stocker Hill, Larry Rainey, Claude Pace, Barb Greiner, Michelle Dickey and Angie Young-Noggler.
• Feb. 2 to Harold Riffell, Vickie Chavez, Evan Leichty, Bob Baker, Judi Peters, Doug Mayo, Bobbi Miller, Samantha Voisard, Linda Spahr and twins Vera Abel and Velma Breymier.
• Feb. 3 to Don Moody, Chris Deardourff, Barbara Elliott, Kim Rudnick, Robin Blinn, Tim Miller of Ansonia, Lindsey Miller, Charlotte Metzcar and twins Robbie and Jerrod Widener.
Happy belated birthday to Jeff Minnich on Jan. 19.
Happy anniversary to: Ron and Angie (Rose) Drees on Jan. 31; and Norman and Barbara Weimer on Feb. 3.
Don’t forget to pray for: Stacy Dorko, Teresa Ketring, Harry Moody, Jim Moody, Linda Subler, Tim Ridenour, Jennifer Platfoot, Dan Norton, Keith Howard, Betty Grimes, Kathy Magoto, Dean Brewer, Lisa Hall, Dick Neff, Tammy Shapiro, Dick Neff, Ken Martin, David Magoto, Charles LaFuze, Phil Clark, Sonny Hunt, Kenny Chancy, Jim Marker, Roger McEowen, Terry Longfellow, Bill Drew, Don and Linda Myers, Nina McDaniel, Rusty Wilson, D’Arleen Waymire, Lee Moody (our father), Linda Johnston, Ron Kreitzer, Pappy Harshman, Gerald Rhoades, Harold Rismiller, Rick Jones, Delores Duncan, Ansonia Police Chief Frank Shapiro, Randy Heck, John Klipstine, Elsie Svajda, Dave Sherman, Sue Chitty, Phil Chilcoat, Christine Pipenger, Paul Barton, Terry Ungericht, Gracyn Blackburn, Jim Moody, Lowell Arnold, Robert Codling, Kohen Thwaits, Deanna Jones, William DeBord, Dave Starline, Bob Hiestand Jr., Kathy and Tom Hamilton, Joanne Sharp, Larry Bemis, Ivan Miller, Cindy Elson, Cary Van De Grift, Dina Dancer Morris, Teresa Mayo Amspaugh, Jim Crotcher, Tina Kiser Deaton, Alvera Schmitz, Jerrod Pratt, Vicky Henderson, Julia Frey, Tonia Thompson, Fred Monnin, Bob Coppock, Stephen “Brownie” Brown.
Also, Nate Epperson, Brad Pipenger, Faye Schlecty, Michelle Sparks Reed, Sheila Reed, Bill Beasley, Steve Cunningham, Kody Ketring, Bob and Sandy Finkbine, Kevin Dickey, Joe Martin, Tracy Bailey, Brenda Grimes, Margaret “Peg” Bundy, Kevin Hemmerich, Ray Dickey Jr., Penny Starns, Tim Heck, Vanna (Hannam) Abbott, Suzy Heck Schilling, Addie Henderson, Barb Morrow Zimmerman, Samantha Smith, Shannon Peters Hall, Todd Walls, Ron Kramer, Melissa “Missy” Helmer, Susie Gress of Nebraska, Dana Holzapfel, Kara Didier, Carla Welch, Bill Schuette and to all those others who suffer from the many debilitating diseases. And, God bless all of our military people serving and protecting this nation.
Jamie and I send our condolences to the families of JC Waymire, Margaret Grile, Phil Schlechty, Paul Horner, Tom Schulze and Shirley Stocker.
Think about it: “Be careful who you trust…the devil used to be a beautiful angel.” — Unknown
Linda Moody is a staff writer for The Daily Advocate. Her column appears every Sunday. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.