When I wrote my Easter column last week about new life and about it being springtime, the Easter Extravaganza at the school on Saturday was proof of that.
I enjoyed watching all the little kiddies having fun with their family and friends. It was a beautiful day and a perfect time to celebrate Easter.
They got to play in the Bouncy Houses, have their faces painted, get a stuffed animal and hunt Easter eggs that covered the school grounds.
What really got my attention were several little babies I saw there. New life…..just like this time of year is supposed to be about. Two of them were little girls.
Friend Ray Prasuhn brought son-in-law, Will, and three grandsons….plus, their new little baby sister 2-month-old Nicole Grace to the event. Nicole is a beautiful baby girl I know the entire family is proud of, and I am sure her grandmother, Sherry or “Sis” (Ungericht) Prasuhn, as she was known by many, was also there in spirit just as proud of the whole bunch of them.
Also there was 3-month-old Paisley Riffell surrounded by several family members and lots of other people in the community. She even got to sit on the Easter Bunny’s lap! Paisley is the daughter of Tonya Francis Fennig and Nate Riffell, which makes her a relative of mine. She, too, is beautiful.
I’ve always enjoyed little tiny babies, and I’ve seen quite a few in my lifetime. I think they bring out the youth in us older people. May God bless all of them.
• The last of Ansonia American Legion’s regular all-you-can-eat fish fries is May 6. Steak fries at the Legion continue April 16 from 5 to 8 p.m., and Jennifer’s Burritos will be served from 5 to 7 p.m. April 8, also at the American Legion.
• The Treaty City Seniors Dances will continue every Monday from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Eagles Lodge on East Third Street in Greenville. Tom Everhart will entertain with his rock and roll music of the past. There will be food to purchase, soft drinks only, door prizes and a 50/50 drawing.
• Those wanting to purchase pre-sale chicken dinner tickets for the Larry Badger Benefit on April 16 can do so at Bach To Rock on South Broadway in Greenville or by contacting Rhiannon Brubaker at 937-423-0864. Chicken dinners will be $10 at the event, and $8 pre-sale. And, those wanting to donate to the cause can do so by also making checks payable to Rhiannon Brubaker and send the monetary donation to her at 106 Sharp Lane, Greenville, OH 45331. The benefit, to be held at the VFW at 419 N. Ohio St., Greenville, will feature the chicken dinners, raffle and auction from 4 to 7 p.m. and live music from 8 to 11 p.m.
• Ansonia FFA is back at again with an exciting and new fantastic fundraiser. On April 9 at 7 p.m., the FFA will be holding a donkey basketball tournament. “Join the Ansonia FFA in supporting a great group of kids, while visiting the Ansonia High School gym for this hilarious entertainment, as you watch local community members make fools of themselves, while riding donkeys,” said a spokesperson. “Please join us in an uproar of laughs by purchasing your tickets today! Pre-sale tickets are available in the high school office or from the FFA for $6, or you may purchase a ticket at the door for $8. Children 6 and under get in free.” For more information, contact the Ansonia FFA at (937)337-4000 ext. 6004 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• April 7 to Tracy Moody Cessna, Angie Rose Drees, John Kell, Bob Barton, Dave Morrow, Alyssa Batten and Treva Sander.
• April 8 to Bill Albritton, Randy Hammaker, Deloris Weist, Ronda Christian, Gary Esser, Rick Mayo and Susan Robertson.
• April 9 to Justin Brumbaugh, David Bonar, Jeff Mayo, Karen Boze Johnston, Marc Saluk, Paul Fleenor Jr., Jeff Mayo and Ashley Oda.
• April 10 to Gail Moody, Diane Mestemaker Siefring, Ava Kammer and Classmate Jim Hunt.
• April 11 to Beth Davis, Amber Kramer Barbour, Sharon Marshall, Dan Turner, Greg Zechar, Brenton Mullens, Ron Kreitzer and Preston Deeter.
• April 12 to Tammy Moody Klipstine, Phyllis Coppock Brumbaugh, Ed Riegel, Dean Husted, Rodney Emrick, Darla Robbins, Patty Thwaits and Randy Waymire.
• April 13 to Rick Rose, Clarke Moody, Jack Harless, Ted Blakeley, Chad Miller, Vernon Mangen, Kendra Breaden, Robin Hesson, Betty Birt,
Happy belated birthday to Larry Riley Sr. (74) on March 25.
Happy anniversary to Jeff and Jackie (Moody) Sanders on April 8; and Ronnie and Mary Kreitzer on April 11.
Happy belated anniversary to Paul and Renea McCleskey on March 30.
Don’t forget to pray for: Stacy Dorko, Dick Michael, Kenny Borger, Betty Myers, Kayla Couchot Scarberry, Ray Francis, Mary Marshall, Jenson Fullerton, Treva Hamilton, Sue Miller, Gary Reier, Carmen Sanders, Michael Allen Clark, Elmer Long, Anthony Joyner, Shirley Mead, Dave Sloan, Harry Moody, Jim Moody, Maxine Weimer, Linda Subler, Jerrod Pratt, Tim Ridenour, Dan Norton, Shelly Hoffman, Keith Howard, Betty Grimes, Kathy Magoto, Dean Brewer, Lisa Hall, Dick Neff, Tammy Shapiro, Ken Martin, David Magoto, Charles LaFuze, Phil Clark, Sonny Hunt, Jim Marker, Terry Longfellow, Don and Linda Myers, Nina McDaniel, D’Arleen Waymire, Lee and Bea Moody (our parents), Linda Johnston, Ron Kreitzer, Pappy Harshman, Rick Jones, Delores Duncan, Frank Shapiro, John Klipstine, Elsie Svajda, Dave Sherman, Sue Chitty, Phil Chilcoat, Christine Pipenger, Paul Barton, Terry Ungericht, Gracyn Blackburn, Lowell Arnold, Robert Codling, Kohen Thwaits, Deanna Jones, William DeBord, Dave Starline, Bob Hiestand Jr.
Also, Kathy and Tom Hamilton, Joanne Sharp, Ivan Miller, Cindy Elson, Cary Van De Grift, Dina Dancer Morris, Teresa Mayo Amspaugh, Jim Crotcher, Tina Kiser Deaton, Alvera Schmitz, Tonia Thompson, Fred Monnin, Bob Coppock, Stephen “Brownie” Brown, Nate Epperson, Brad Pipenger, Faye Schlecty, Sheila Reed, Bill Beasley, Steve Cunningham, Kody Ketring, Bob and Sandy Finkbine, Kevin Dickey, Joe Martin, Tracy Bailey, Brenda Grimes, Margaret “Peg” Bundy, Kevin Hemmerich, Penny Starns, Tim Heck, Vanna (Hannam) Abbott, Suzy Heck Schilling, Addie Henderson, Barb Morrow Zimmerman, Samantha Smith, Shannon Peters Hall, Todd Walls, Ron Kramer, Melissa “Missy” Helmer, Susie Gress of Nebraska, Dana Holzapfel, Kara Didier, Carla Welch, Bill Schuette and to all those others who suffer from the many debilitating diseases.
And, God bless all of our military people serving and protecting this nation, as well as rescue, fire and law enforcement personnel who put their lives on the line to protect us.
Jamie and I send our condolences to the families of Joyce Brehm, Virginia Hatch, Barbara Young and Tina Marchal.
Think about it: “Making a big life change is scary, but know what’s even scarier? Regret.” — Unknown
Linda Moody is a staff writer for The Daily Advocate. Her column appears every Sunday. She can be reached at email@example.com.