Friendship is one of the most valuable things we can hold onto in this day and age.
That gets increasingly clear when we, of late, have seen a lot of people that we know passing away and witness others fighting for their existence with life-threatening illnesses. So many people in my life have come and gone in recent years and it is making me appreciate all of the friends I have made.
It is not always said by me [according to my younger sister], but I do love a lot of people even though I don’t always show it or say it. But, I’m trying to change that.
Life is too short not to let people know how you feel about them. I have met hundreds, possibly thousands, of people in my lifetime and most of them have become good friends. And, that means something to me.
We came very close to losing a family member this week, and as of this writing, he is vastly improving. My son, Jamie, said he has never done so much praying in his life as he did this week for his cousin.
We never want to lose our loved ones but know one day it will be inevitable that those kinds of things are going to happen.
I just say…keep on praying for those you love. God has His plan.
Love you all.
• The Treaty City Senior Dances will be held from 1 to 4 p.m. Mondays, except for the first Mondays of the month, at the VFW Post on North Ohio Street in Greenville.
• Upcoming Ansonia American Legion events are Jennifer’s Burritos from 5 to 8 p.m. Oct. 14 at $7; steak fry from 5 to 7 p.m. Oct. 15 for $13; Halloween party (wear a costume) featuring Whiskey Business on Oct. 22. And there are also gatherings for the Ohio State games.
Happy birthday to:
• Oct. 13 to Shane Coby, Jane Landis, Randy Fosnaugh, Kim Carter Frech and Cody Burfield.
• Oct. 14 to Steve Hall, Rocksand Hollinger, Heather Bergman and Lisa Doyle.
• Oct. 15 to Stacy Moody, Rodney Hiestand, Ryan Moody, Jeff Sanders, June Singer, Nadine Cornett, Ed Erisman, Bob N. Jones and Abby Cutright.
• Oct. 16 to Albert Gasper and Ted Stachler.
• Oct. 17 to Lynette Lore, Amy Stewart, Chris Cox, Frank Macias, Dennis Temple, Logan Daugherty and Benny Fitzgerald.
• Oct. 18 to Bobby Joe Jones, Susan Mills, Dawn-Zumbrink Muhlenkamp, Kanon Burton, Heather Brown, Lindsey Preston, Kent Moneysmith, and Dustin Jenkins.
• Oct. 19 to Jamie Moody, JoAnn Keen, Judy Hoffman, Kassy Wentworth, Marv Stammen, Dustin Jenkins, Diana Shook, Laura Gibboney, Ben Jones Jr., Marjorie Hammaker, Tina Rismiller Schmitz, Jerry Batten Sr., Tracy Bingham Bashore, Ron Rismiller, Deb Rammel, Dr. Aamir Malik and David DeMaio.
Happy anniversary to Dan “Buzz” and Janet Nealeigh (60) on Oct. 12; Tom and Connie Brumbaugh (24) on Oct. 16; and Linda and Dick Yount and Rick and Lynne Gump, all on Oct. 19.
Don’t forget to pray for: Tom Brumbaugh Jr., Steve Schafer, Connie Apple, Kohen Thwaits, Jerrod Pratt, Keith Starks, Scott and Judy Stahl, Dawn Oldiges, Judy York, Lowell Elsass, Linda Johnston, Stacy Dorko, Tracy Bailey, Shannon Peters Hall, Jack Riegle, Bruce Knick, Aiden Turner, Brody Wilson, Terri Martin, Marie Rieman, Carol Bollheimer, Roger McEowen, Tim King, Gary Poor, Clinton Linebaugh, Layna Best, Jean Eastridge, Justin Ungericht, Alishia Clark Funk, Glenna Curry, Tom Hawkins, Mike Bale, Phyllis Gibbons, Rosemary Wetzel, Angie Young Noggler, Kenny Borger, Mary Marshall, Jenson Fullerton, Gary Reier, Carmen Sanders, Michael Allen Clark, Elmer Long, Anthony Joyner, Shirley Mead, Harry Moody, Jim Moody, Linda Subler, Shelly Hoffman, Betty Grimes, Kathy Magoto, Dean Brewer, Lisa Hall, Tammy Shapiro, Ken Martin, David Magoto, Phil Clark, Sonny Hunt, Don and Nina McDaniel, D’Arleen Waymire, Pappy Harshman, Delores Duncan, John Klipstine, Elsie Svajda, Dave Sherman, Sue Chitty, Phil Chilcoat, Christine Pipenger, Paul Barton, Terry Ungericht, Gracyn Blackburn, Robert Codling, Dave Starline, Bob Hiestand Jr.
Also, Kathy and Tom Hamilton, Joanne Sharp, Ivan Miller, Cindy Elson, Cary Van De Grift, Dina Dancer Morris, Teresa Mayo Amspaugh, Tina Kiser Deaton, Tonia Thompson, Fred Monnin, Stephen “Brownie” Brown, Nate Epperson, Brad Pipenger, Faye Schlecty, Sheila Reed, Bill Beasley, Steve Cunningham, Kody Ketring, Bob and Sandy Finkbine, Kevin Dickey, Joe Martin, Brenda Grimes, Margaret “Peg” Bundy, Kevin Hemmerich, Penny Starns, Tim Heck, Vanna (Hannam) Abbott, Addie Henderson, Barb Morrow Zimmerman, Samantha Smith, Todd Walls, Ron Kramer, Dana Holzapfel, Kara Didier, Carla Welch, Bill Schuette and to all those others who suffer from the many debilitating diseases.
And, God bless all of our military people serving and protecting this nation, as well as rescue, fire and law enforcement personnel who put their lives on the line to protect us.
Son Jamie and I extend our condolences to the families of: Dave Leeper, Grace Barga, Alnora Snedeker, William Sturgill, Carole Harless, Carol Hart, Jenna Henderson and Gary R. Brown.
Think about it: “In prayer it is better to have a heart without words than words without a heart.” ― John Bunyan
Linda Moody is a staff writer for The Daily Advocate. Her column appears every Saturday. She can be reached at email@example.com.