What do I want for Christmas?
Good health for myself, family and friends; peace all over the world; and a self-cleaning house.
What ahead in 2017? I am using some postings off Facebook to answer this question, as follows:
• “I want to live my life without stress and worries. I don’t need to be rich or famous. I just want to be happy.”
• “More fun; more adventures. More sleep; more laughter; Less negative; less stress; more creating; more love. I’m ready!”
• “Let go of what’s gone. Be grateful for what remains. Look forward to what is coming next.”
This just about sums it up for me. I couldn’t have said it better myself.
Enjoy preparing for the holidays.
• The Treaty City Seniors will hold its Christmas dance Monday at the VFW Post on North Ohio Street in Greenville from 1 to 4 p.m. There is no dance set for Jan. 2, but the dances will resume on Jan. 9.
• Santa Claus will be at the Rossburg Fire Department tonight at 7.
Happy birthday to:
• Dec. 21 to Dr. Carlos Menendez, Karen Baker, Scott Kitchen and Dave Magoto.
• Dec. 22 to Logan Moody, Sonnie Hartrum and David Schlechty.
• Dec. 23 to Bub Johnston, Ed Kress, Vic Yagle, Garth Knick, Martha Singleman, John dirksen, Barbara Wilson, Olivia Daugherty, Arianna Caixba (16), Kyle Wentworth, T.J. Burden,
• Dec. 24 to Charlie Prasuhn (75), Cindy Hayes-Burk, Tim Heck and Jamie Husted.
• Dec. 25 to Cheri Antrobus-Davis, Connie Stachler, Lance Bartram and Rick Macias.
• Dec. 26 to Karen Hecht, Molly Walls, Mackenzie Stucke (18), Matt Duncan, Terry Curtis, Mark Hierholzer,
• Dec. 27 to Bea Moody (our mama), Tina McClanahan, Doug Drexler, Dana Heck, Peggy Derr Follrod, Eddie O’Rock, Mary Bevins, Daryl Goodwin, Jim Batten, Roger Oliver (75) of Versailles, Scott Pfledderer, Rob Hathaway and Linda Leeper.
Happy anniversary to Terry and Donna Black on Dec. 21.
Don’t forget to pray for: Tom Brumbaugh Jr., Darla Bowman Miller, Cheri Antrobus Davis, Rosemary Goodpaster Wetzel, Pastor Don Brode, Bill Collins, Scott Clark, Steve Schafer, Tom Hawkins, Chris Young, Greg Moody, Robin Grice, Connie Apple, Jodie Glick, Ron Kreitzer, Kohen Thwaits, Jerrod Pratt, Keith Starks, Scott and Judy Stahl, Dawn Oldiges, Judy York, Lowell Elsass, Linda Johnston, Stacy Dorko, Tracy Bailey, Shannon Peters Hall, Jack Riegle, Bruce Knick, Aiden Turner, Brody Wilson, Terri Martin, Marie Rieman, Carol Bollheimer, Roger McEowen, Lara Brunner, Al Bliss, Tim King, Gary Poor, Clinton Linebaugh, Layna Best, Jean Eastridge, Justin Ungericht, Alishia Clark Funk, Glenna Curry, Mike Bale, Phyllis Gibbons, Rosemary Wetzel, Angie Young Noggler, Kenny Borger, Mary Marshall, Jenson Fullerton, Gary Reier, Carmen Sanders, Michael Allen Clark, Elmer Long, Anthony Joyner, Shirley Mead, Harry Moody, Jim Moody, Shelly Hoffman, Betty Grimes, Kathy Magoto, Dean Brewer,
Also, Lisa Hall, Tammy Shapiro, Ken Martin, David Magoto, Phil Clark, Sonny Hunt, Don and Nina McDaniel, D’Arleen Waymire, Pappy Harshman, Delores Duncan, John Klipstine, Elsie Svajda, Dave Sherman, Sue Chitty, Phil Chilcoat, Christine Pipenger, Paul Barton, Terry Ungericht, Gracyn Blackburn, Robert Codling, Dave Starline, Bob Hiestand Jr., Kathy and Tom Hamilton, Joanne Sharp, Ivan Miller, Cindy Elson, Cary Van De Grift, Dina Dancer Morris, Teresa Mayo Amspaugh, Tina Kiser Deaton, Tonia Thompson, Fred Monnin, Stephen “Brownie” Brown, Nate Epperson, Brad Pipenger, Faye Schlecty, Sheila Reed, Bill Beasley, Steve Cunningham, Kody Ketring, Bob and Sandy Finkbine, Kevin Dickey, Brenda Grimes, Margaret “Peg” Bundy, Kevin Hemmerich, Penny Starns, Tim Heck, Vanna (Hannam) Abbott, Addie Henderson, Samantha Smith, Todd Walls, Ron Kramer, Dana Holzapfel, Kara Didier, Carla Welch and Bill Schuette.
And, pray for all those others who suffer from the many debilitating diseases, and may God bless all of our military people serving and protecting this nation, as well as rescue, fire and law enforcement personnel who put their lives on the line to protect us.
Jamie and I sincerely extend our condolences to the families of: Sharon Mayo, John Gretzinger Jr., Father Harry Kist and Tab Tryon.
Think about it: “Our duty is not to see through one another, but to see one another through.” —Unknown
Linda Moody is a staff writer for The Daily Advocate. Her column appears every Saturday. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.