Today it’s all about the first man most every female falls in love with…her dad.
Yes, it’s Father’s Day.
Father’s Day is observed on the third Sunday of June. It honors all fathers, grandfathers, great-grandfathers, and father figures for their contribution. It was created to complement Mother’s Day. It is not a federal holiday.
Father’s Day is a time to recognize fathers and father figures who have influenced a person’s life. It is celebrated through cards, gifts, dining out, gifts such as electronic gadgets, sports attire, household tools or just some time spent together.
My dad, Lee Jr. Moody, is a character and continues to show it these days in certain circumstances. He is a serious person, yet he loves humor, just like his father, Clark Leroy Moody, did.
Dad was a workaholic and passed that work ethic on to his children.
He has always had a love for his family, his job and his horses, which were probably considered kinfolk.
He is cherished, adored, loved and admired by me and I know my siblings, Ron, Bev and Brenda, feel the same way as do our children and their children as well as their young ones. Dad is deserving of our love because he has always showed unc0nditional love to us. We were fortunate to have this man as the patriarch of the family.
He is a son, brother, father, grandfather, uncle and a veteran as well as a friend to may.
We couldn’t have asked for a better father. He is the greatest [and I’m not sucking up, my darling siblings and mother].
Happy Father’s Day, Dad! Hope you have a wonderful one. We love you.
• June 24 to Ned Riegel, Robert Hiestand Sr., Mike Kell, Brent Siders, Illah Sink, Scott Rice, Lori Cochran, John Blinn, Jay Stammen, Walter Neal, Sandra Neal, Connie Rhoades and Tony MacKenzie.
• June 25 to Carrie Waymire DeHart (45), Dick Hufford, Alan Gessler, Seth Gessler, Katie Brown, Tommy Lee Lunsford, Mary Kreitzer, twins Marion and Marvin Johnson (65) and Keegan Weiss.
• June 26 to Vicki Knick Galloway (55), Nancy McKnight, Ron Widener, Heather Mann and Ron Thwaits.
• June 27 to Malinda Schmidt Linebaugh, Lori Linebaugh and Galen Wetzel.
• June 28 to Scott Amspaugh, Rick Lewis, Eileen Spillers Cox, Becky Blackburn Klipstine, Tyler Stump, twins Jann Peace and Jill Newman, Tracy Thwaits, twins Kimberly Bennett and Kelly Kelch and Joe Miller St.
• June 29 to Laurie Doyle Erwin, Larry Peters and Samantha Shook.
• June 30 to Polly Walls Eley, Shelly Siders Martin, Robin Bousman, Iris Prasuhn, Joni Burelison, Dan Brown, Tara Rutschilling, Barry Rodeheffer and Josh Deeter.
Happy anniversary to: Dan and Jodi Neff on June 24; Luke and Kathy Huecker (32), Karen and Alan Gessler (35) and Mr. and Mrs. Glen Murphy (55), all on Jan. 25; Gary and Katie Cothran (45) and Dave and Kathy Acton, all on June 26; Penny (Cox) and Dale Shimomura and Bob and Lisa Mayo, all on June 29; and Buddy and Ruth Ann Riffell, Frank and Anna Lee Dawson and Terry and Barb Hess, all on June 30.
Don’t forget to pray for: Stacy Dorko, Larry Hartzell, Mel Grile, Robert Codling, Terry Black Sr., Kenny Dunevant, J. C. and D’Arleen Waymire, Jill Overbay, Deanna Jones, Heidi Linebaugh, Dave Starline, Bob Hiestand Jr., Jennifer Yoder, Ivan Miller, Cindy Elson, Teresa Brewer-Wilson, Darla Bowman, Jim Moody, Dina Dancer Morris, Teresa Mayo Hammons, Nancy Fetters, Linda Hartzell, Jim Crotcher, Tina Kiser Deaton, Alvera Schmitz, Jerrod Pratt, Vicky Henderson, Julia Frey, Tonia Thompson, Fred Monnin, Thelma Shade, Bob Coppock, Joan Toomey, Lee Moody, Greg Moody, Stephen “Brownie” Brown, Faye Schlecty, Neil Isch, Chrissy Neff, Ron Kreitzer, Michelle Sparks Reed, Kris Riffell, Bill Beasley, Candy Riegle, Steve Cunningham, Kody Ketring, Allan Addington, Doug Wright, Bob and Sandy Finkbine, Joe Martin, Tracy Bailey, Jack Riegle, Brenda Grimes, Margaret “Peg” Bundy, Kevin Hemmerich, Ray Dickey Jr., Penny Starns, Dave Sloan, Donna Arnett, Kathleen Floyd, Tim Heck, Vanna (Hannam) Abbott, Suzy Heck Schilling, Addie Henderson, Barb Morrow Zimmerman, Samantha Smith, Shannon Peters Hall, Todd Walls, Ron Kramer, Melissa “Missy” Helmer, Susie Gress of Nebraska, Dana Holzapfel, Kara Didier, Carla Welch, Bill Schuette and to all those others who suffer from the many debilitating diseases as well as all of our military people serving and protecting this nation.
Jamie and I extend our sincere condolences to the families of: Leydon Guenther, Mark Dotson, Barb Norton, Pauline Johnson, LeRoy Lennen, Ruby Grow, Amber Schlamb and Max Stickelman.
Think about it: “Listen to the wind, it talks. Listen to the silence, it speaks. Listen to your heart, it knows.” – Native American proverb