Frank Shapiro is back on duty as police chief in Ansonia. And, he was back on duty last Saturday at the Breakfast With Santa, in his traditional position of preparing the scrambled eggs.
“I feel like a million bucks,” said Shapiro, who was off duty for 60 days because of a heart valve problem.
He spent some time in Good Samaritan Hospital in Dayton.
His quick recovery time could probably be attributed to police officer training. Doctors apparently told him he was in pretty good shape.
Now, the police chief said he is walking one or two miles on the treadmill.
Glad to have you back and in good health.
Frank said he still plans to run for the office of sheriff of Darke County in the next election.
Everybody be careful out there. There are various strains of viruses going around, I’m thinking.
I started getting sick real early morning last Sunday and didn’t start getting better until Tuesday night at the Darke County Township Association Christmas banquet. I guess it took a crowd like that to make me feel better.
Mine, I don’t think, was as severe as what I hear others say they experienced, but it was bad enough. I felt so blah and weak, but I’m back on track with a much clearer mind, if that’s possible.
My secret, though, is that I try to nip it in the bud whenever I sense something amiss when it comes to my health. I like having all my faculties. I started taking some meds that usually get me over things in a quick manner. Someone said it lasted 24 hours for them but it was like 48 hours for me.
Now, I’m just praying my son doesn’t get it.
• There will be no fish fry in January at the Ansonia American Legion.
• Dec. 17 to Sharon Riffell Maloy (70), Debra Sawle, Dakota Lester, Susan Jenkins, Susan Hartrum, Anne Brumbaugh, Janet Grimes, Jean Klepinger, Ashley Dakin (18), Kaleb Earick (18) and Lyn Downey (30).
• Dec. 18 to Danny Garber, Cindi Aukerman, Janey Christman, Dusty Hathaway, Steve Bricker and Ginger Sowry.
• Dec. 19 to Ben Bucholtz, Carol “June” Baker, Kerry Young, Aliana Leis Clymer, Robyn Studabaker, Donna Peters, Manual Macias, Marlene McGlinch, Gary Hemmerich (75) and Anna Myers.
• Dec. 20 to Mark Henderson, Kathy Middleton Dapore, Rick Alexander, Kevin Oliver, Barbara Gump, Joan Crissinger, Jeff Campbell, twins Emma and Ava Erwin (9) and Heidi Linebaugh.
• Dec. 21 to Dr. Carlos Menendez, Karen Baker, Scott Kitchen and Dave Magoto.
• Dec. 22 to Sonnie Hartrum, David Schlechty, Logan Moody.
• Dec. 23 to Bub Johnston, Ed Kress, Vic Yagle, Garth Knick, Martha Singleman, John Dirksen, Deanna Jones, Barbara Wilson, Olivia Daugherty, Arianna Caixba, Kyle Wentworth and T.J. Burden.
Happy anniversary to: Tony and Luann Lindamood on Dec. 17; Lance and Stephanie Clack on Dec. 18; Richard and Judy Ray on Dec. 19; and Terry and Donna Black on Dec. 21.
Happy belated anniversary to: Matt and Jennifer Trittschuh (20) years on Dec. 9.
Don’t forget to pray for: Stacy Dorko, Tim Ridenour, Dean Brewer, Dick Neff, Tammy Shapiro, David Magoto, Charles LaFuze, Mike Doyle, Phil Clark, Sonny Hunt, Kenny Chancy, Jim Marker, Roger McEowen, Terry Longfellow, Bill Drew, Don and Linda Myers, Nina McDaniel, Rick Moody, John Clack, Rusty Wilson, Lee Moody (our father), Linda Johnston, Ron Kreitzer, Pappy Harshman, Gerald Rhoades, Harold Rismiller, Rick Jones, Albert Duncan, Delores Duncan, Ansonia Police Chief Frank Shapiro, Randy Heck, John Klipstine, Greg Moody, Elsie Svajda, Dave Sherman, Sue Chitty, Phil Chilcoat, Christine Pipenger, Paul Barton, Terry Ungericht, Gracyn Blackburn, Jim Moody, Lowell Arnold, Joe and Wanda Bailey, Robert Codling, Kohen Thwaits, J.C. and D’Arleen Waymire, Deanna Jones, William DeBord, Dave Starline, Bob Hiestand Jr., Kathy and Tom Hamilton, Joanne Sharp, Larry Bemis, Ivan Miller, Cindy Elson, Cary Van De Grift, Dina Dancer Morris, Teresa Mayo Amspaugh, Jim Crotcher, Tina Kiser Deaton, Alvera Schmitz, Jerrod Pratt, Vicky Henderson, Julia Frey, Tonia Thompson, Fred Monnin, Bob Coppock, Stephen “Brownie” Brown.
Also, Nate Epperson, Brad Pipenger, Faye Schlecty, Michelle Sparks Reed, Bill Beasley, Steve Cunningham, Kody Ketring, Bob and Sandy Finkbine, Kevin Dickey, Joe Martin, Tracy Bailey, Brenda Grimes, Margaret “Peg” Bundy, Kevin Hemmerich, Ray Dickey Jr., Penny Starns, Tim Heck, Vanna (Hannam) Abbott, Suzy Heck Schilling, Addie Henderson, Barb Morrow Zimmerman, Samantha Smith, Shannon Peters Hall, Todd Walls, Ron Kramer, Melissa “Missy” Helmer, Susie Gress of Nebraska, Dana Holzapfel, Kara Didier, Carla Welch, Bill Schuette and to all those others who suffer from the many debilitating diseases. And, God bless all of our military people serving and protecting this nation.
Jamie and I send our condolences to the families of: Zondra “Z” (Michael) Crossley, Thelma Shade, Andrea Clark, Paul Francis and Jean Stover.
Think about it: “No one notices your tears. No one notices your sadness. No one notices your pain. But, they all notice your mistakes.” – Unknown
Linda Moody is a staff writer for The Daily Advocate. Her column appears every Sunday. She can be reached at email@example.com.