I found the following on Facebook and thought I would share it with our readers. It’s called “Everything I need to know about life, I learned from Noah’s Ark.” It goes like this:
1. Don’t miss the boat.
2. Remember that we are all in the same boat.
3. Plan ahead, it wasn’t raining when Noah built the ark.
4. Stay fit. When you’re really old, someone may ask you to do something really big.
5. Don’t listen to the critics; just get on with the job that needs to be done.
6. Build your future on high ground.
7. For safety sake, travel in pairs.
8. Speed isn’t always an advantage. The snails were on board with the cheetahs.
9. When you’re stressed, float a while.
10. Remember, the ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic by professionals.
11. No matter the storm, when you are with God, there’s always a rainbow waiting. -MYBIBLE.COM
Hope it was enjoyed.
• Upcoming events at the Ansonia American Legion: Next fish fry will be Jan. 8, 2016, from 4 to 6:30 p.m. and the next steak fry from 5 to 8 p.m. Dec. 12.
• There will be a sing-in at the Rose Hill Country Church at 4 p.m. Dec. 13. The church is located on McFeeley-Petry Road, just west off State Route 49-North.
• Dec. 10 to Tony Steed, Deb Hunt Jones, Kiersten Schricker and Ginger Siders.
• Dec. 11 to Tim Gibboney, Steve Gates, Katie Bristch Smith, Susan Hartrum, Ashlee Hetzler and Annette Livingston.
• Dec. 12 to Brookyn Kaffenberger, Tara Wilcutt Gardner, Elizabeth Skye-Hufford, Jim Kammer, Kari Leeper Batgram, Allen Aukerman, Randy Sanders, Jim Goubeaux, Ginny Ridnerle, Ron Hines, Vivian Dapore, Randy Neal and David Harbison.
• Dec. 13 to Aaron Byrd, Daryl Riffle, Ralph Helmer, twins Demi and Dani Hathaway (21), Jorden Price-Hart, Paul Wood Jr. and Dave Acton.
• Dec. 14 to Robbie Moody, Melissa Johnston Widener, Mary Rismiller, Connie Michael, Don Leis, Hope Gates, Hunter Buckingham, Carolyn Fourman, Mary Bryant Arnett and Vickie Brinley.
• Dec. 15 to Todd Klipstine, Kent Kimmel, Makayla Stachler, Larry Hummel, Les Crowell, Floyd Foureman, Rose Mary Goodpaster Wetzel, Vicky Aherling-Flory and Vnna Hannam.
• Dec. 16 to Jenny Hamilton.
Happy anniversary to: George and Marcella Stuck (50 years) on Dec. 11; and Ryan and Mindy (Ledbetter) Berry on Dec. 14.
Don’t forget to pray for: Stacy Dorko, Tim Ridenour, Dean Brewer, Mike Doyle, Phil Clark, Sonny Hunt, Kenny Chancy, Jim Marker, Roger McEowen, Terry Longfellow, Bill Drew, Don and Linda Myers, Nina McDaniel, Rick Moody, John Clack, Rusty Wilson, Lee Moody (our father), Linda Johnston, Ron Kreitzer, Pappy Harshman, Gerald Rhoades, Harold Rismiller, Rick Jones, Albert Duncan, Delores Duncan, Ansonia Police Chief Frank Shapiro, Randy Heck, John Klipstine, Greg Moody, Elsie Svajda, Dave Sherman, Sue Chitty, Phil Chilcoat, Christine Pipenger, Paul Barton, Terry Ungericht, Gracyn Blackburn, Jim Moody, Lowell Arnold, Joe and Wanda Bailey, Robert Codling, Kohen Thwaits, J.C. and D’Arleen Waymire, Deanna Jones, William DeBord, Dave Starline, Bob Hiestand Jr., Kathy and Tom Hamilton, Joanne Sharp, Larry Bemis, Ivan Miller, Cindy Elson, Cary Van De Grift, Dina Dancer Morris, Teresa Mayo Amspaugh, Jim Crotcher, Tina Kiser Deaton, Alvera Schmitz, Jerrod Pratt, Vicky Henderson, Julia Frey, Tonia Thompson, Fred Monnin, Thelma Shade, Bob Coppock, Stephen “Brownie” Brown.
Also, Nate Epperson, Brad Pipenger, Faye Schlecty, Michelle Sparks Reed, Bill Beasley, Steve Cunningham, Kody Ketring, Bob and Sandy Finkbine, Kevin Dickey, Joe Martin, Tracy Bailey, Brenda Grimes, Margaret “Peg” Bundy, Kevin Hemmerich, Ray Dickey Jr., Penny Starns, Tim Heck, Vanna (Hannam) Abbott, Suzy Heck Schilling, Addie Henderson, Barb Morrow Zimmerman, Samantha Smith, Shannon Peters Hall, Todd Walls, Ron Kramer, Melissa “Missy” Helmer, Susie Gress of Nebraska, Dana Holzapfel, Kara Didier, Carla Welch, Bill Schuette and to all those others who suffer from the many debilitating diseases. And, God bless all of our military people serving and protecting this nation.
Jamie and I send our condolences to the families of: Dale Riffle and Howard Hemmerly.
Think about it: “Thanks to those who hated me; you made me stronger. Thanks to those that loved me; you made my heart grow fonder. Thanks to those who cared; you made me feel important. Thanks to those who entered my life; you made me who I am today. Thanks to those that left; you showed me that nothing lasts forever. Thanks to those who stayed; you showed me true friends. Thanks to those who listened; you made me feel like I was worth it.” – Unknown