I think it’s great that improvements are being made to the bridges, streets and roads of Darke County; however, must it all happen at the same time?
I think everywhere you go in the county this summer, there is a detour to be made. Pity the poor visitors to this area, who might not know their way around.
Seems like all you see when driving around are orange traffic cones, barriers and lots of signs.
One day, I think I had to make several detours to get to my destinations and then, in Ansonia, where I live, they are reconstructing East Canal from the traffic light out to the school and perhaps beyond. I am thinking they are going to try and get it done before the start of school.
These repairs not only make it bad on the traveler but also on the residents in the respective areas, especially if they are working on the streets and sidewalks. Some may have to find other places to park away from their own property at some point during the work, like we had to do several years ago when I lived on West Canal and they redid that street.
But, in the end, it’s all for the better. You have to make sacrifices to bring things up to par.
You just live with it.
And, I hope everybody has a safe journey if they plan to take part in the U.S. 127 Yard Sale this weekend, whether setting up or shopping.
Happy birthday to:
• Aug. 11 to Wilma Heiby (90), Lois Fowble, Chris Miller, Diane Barga, Pam Brumbaugh, Linda Hartzell Moore, Emily Peters Smith, Michele Arthur, Stanley Duncan, Darren Coby, Gary Middleton, John Farmer, Darlene Fullroth and Duck Curtis.
• Aug. 12 to Paul Hartzell, Francis Rose, Jordon Wright, Debbie Nestor Baker, Mike Clack and Patty Hinkle.
• Aug. 13 to Sondra White, T.J. Phlipot, Rich Hadden, Brad Albritton, Roxanne Rehmert, Mattie Hiestand, Brittany Ulman, twins Ross and Grace Dapore (15), Troy May (15), T.J. Phlipot (35) and Lane Clark (17).
• Aug. 14 to Janet Bolin, Don Short, Brad Lentz, Bonnie Wagner, Amber Neal, Therese Pohlman, Dennis Pratt and Theresa Siefring.
• Aug. 15 to Allen Whittaker, Lindsey Newbauer, Dylan Moody, Brianna Liette Morris, Lisa Christman Mayo, Judy Howard Jones, Doug Weider, Lisa Mayo, Zach Riffell, Dylan Moody, Shelby Gates, Curtis Yount and Janet Nealeigh.
• Aug. 16 to Linda Subler, John Widener, Holli Hammaker and Randy Allread.
• Aug. 17 to Mary Poor, Joe Beemer, Janice Lyme, Terry Brewer, and Kylee Saintignon.
Happy belated birthday to Tim Hoening and son Frankie, both on Aug. 2; Gloria Hodge on Aug. 3;
Happy anniversary to John and Barb Berger (60) on Aug. 4; Mindy (Moody) and Randy Ward II (15) and Stuart and Debbie Powell, all on Aug. 11; Tom and Shila Magoto and Doug and Carol Riffle, all on Aug. 2; Missy and Randy Christian, Judy and Wayne Burns, all on Aug. 14; Shawn and Michelle Phillippi on Aug. 15; and Pat and Debbie (Cunningham) Barga, (45) on Aug. 16.
Don’t forget to pray for: Stacy Dorko, Dick Michael, Franklin “Jugs” Howell, Tracy Bailey, Terri Martin, Darla Robbins, Carol Bollheimer, Roger McEowen, Tim King, Gary Poor, Clinton Linebaugh, Layna Best, Jean Eastridge, Justin Ungericht, Alishia Clark Funk, Glenna Curry, Shannon Peters Hall, Tom Hawkins, Mike Bale, Phyllis Gibbons, Rosemary Wetzel, Greg Whittington, George Fanning, Angie Young Noggler, Kenny Borger, Mary Marshall, Jenson Fullerton, Judy York, Sue Miller, Gary Reier, Carmen Sanders, Michael Allen Clark, Elmer Long, Anthony Joyner, Shirley Mead, Harry Moody, Jim Moody, Linda Subler, Jerrod Pratt, Tim Ridenour, Shelly Hoffman, Keith Howard, Betty Grimes, Kathy Magoto, Dean Brewer, Lisa Hall, Dick Neff, Tammy Shapiro, Ken Martin, David Magoto, Phil Clark, Sonny Hunt, Terry Longfellow, Don and Nina McDaniel, D’Arleen Waymire, Linda Johnston, Ron Kreitzer, Pappy Harshman, Delores Duncan, John Klipstine, Elsie Svajda, Dave Sherman, Sue Chitty, Phil Chilcoat, Christine Pipenger, Paul Barton, Terry Ungericht, Gracyn Blackburn, Robert Codling, Kohen Thwaits, Dave Starline, Bob Hiestand Jr.
Also, Kathy and Tom Hamilton, Joanne Sharp, Ivan Miller, Cindy Elson, Cary Van De Grift, Dina Dancer Morris, Teresa Mayo Amspaugh, Tina Kiser Deaton, Tonia Thompson, Fred Monnin, Stephen “Brownie” Brown, Nate Epperson, Brad Pipenger, Faye Schlecty, Sheila Reed, Bill Beasley, Steve Cunningham, Kody Ketring, Bob and Sandy Finkbine, Kevin Dickey, Joe Martin, Brenda Grimes, Margaret “Peg” Bundy, Kevin Hemmerich, Penny Starns, Tim Heck, Vanna (Hannam) Abbott, Addie Henderson, Barb Morrow Zimmerman, Samantha Smith, Todd Walls, Ron Kramer, Melissa “Missy” Helmer, Dana Holzapfel, Kara Didier, Carla Welch, Bill Schuette and to all those others who suffer from the many debilitating diseases.
And, God bless all of our military people serving and protecting this nation, as well as rescue, fire and law enforcement personnel who put their lives on the line to protect us.
Son Jamie and I extend our condolences to the families of: Nina Hawes, CJ Smith, Virginia Shumaker and Melissa Sue Helmer.
Think about it: “What you do each day matters more than you do once in a while.” — Unknown