If I didn’t get anything else accomplished on my first vacation of the year, I did reach my goal of finding another car.
Never did I imagine I’d end up with a PT Cruiser, but I did, a silver one. It just stood out for some reason, maybe because I was getting tired of car shopping.
I prayed to God to lead me to the “right” vehicle and when I saw it, I figured it had to be the one He selected. It seemed like everything fell into place after that.
So how can anything go wrong?
It has taken a little getting use to. It’s six years older than my other car. Yet, it doesn’t have automatic lights my Grand Am had. I miss that. I’ve forgotten I don’t know how many times in the short time I’ve had it to turn my headlights on or off. Surely, I will get better at that.
As I said before, I loved the heater in my old car, but fortunately I haven’t had to use the one in the new one yet and hope I don’t have to for quite a while. I guess we’ll see what next winter brings, since as of this writing, the temperatures are lovely.
This is probably the nicest looking vehicle I’ve ever had, and I hope looks aren’t deceiving. Beauty is only skin deep, so they say. I’ve heard some bad things about the PT Cruisers and I have also heard good things.
I’m determined to stay positive. It’s an odd looking make of car, I believe, but I’m growing accustomed to “its face.”
I am hoping we can be “friends” for a long time. I don’t like looking for cars. There are too many things to take into account.
I’m thinking about calling it the Silver Bullet, if I would ever have to name it.
• The Ansonia American Legion has begun having fish fries through Lenten on Fridays. The lat Lenten fish fry will be Friday. The regular all-you-can-eat fish fries are set for April 1 and May 6. Steak fries at the Legion continue April 16 from 5 to 8 p.m., and Jennifer’s Burritos will be served from 5 to 7 p.m. April 8, also at the American Legion.
• Ansonia FFA, in conjunction with The Ansonia First Church of God, Ansonia American Legion, and Ansonia United Methodist Church are planning the second annual Ansonia Community Eggstravaganza. This event will be held on March 26 at the Ansonia FFA Greenhouse located behind Ansonia Schools. Free food will be served beginning at noon. Bring your own baskets and plan to fill them as we have thousands of eggs to find. Egg hunts for infants through age 11 will begin at 1:30. There will also be bounce houses, egg coloring, face painting and more for everyone to enjoy. The Easter Bunny will also be on hand between noon and 2 p.m. So bring a camera and get a picture. The greenhouse will also be open from 9-3. In the event of inclement weather, the event will be held inside of the school. The event is free to the community. This will be the only egg hunt held in Ansonia this year.
• The VFW Ladies Auxiliary in Union City, Indiana, will be hosting a bake sale from noon until sold out on Sunday. The post is located at 1410 W. Oak St. I’m making Scotcheroos for the occasion, just in case anybody wants to know.
• The Treaty City Seniors Dances will continue every Monday from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Eagles Lodge on East Third Street in Greenville. Tom Everhart will entertain with his rock and roll music of the past. There will be food to purchase, soft drinks only, door prizes and a 50/50 drawing.
• March 24 to Norma Byrd, Kim Koverman Hershey, Cindy Jenkinson Brown, Brian K. Hathaway, Sam Hoeflich, Mike Thornhill, Jana Deeter, Jeff Subler, Tina Ruble Ullery, Mike Stegall, and Sally Mescher.
• March 25 to Brandon Moody (30), Joan Springer DeMange, Doris Barga, Mike Doyle, Kristin Hartrum, Linda Shuttleworth (70), Furman Kiser, Brian Dapore, and Nancy Norton.
• March 26 to Nevin Elleman, Connie Moody Starline, Tonia Shoenleben Thompson, Shelly King, Mike Doyle, Teresa Huntwork King, Mary Hannan, Kenny Erwin, Dwaine Hodge II and Dustin Stump.
• March 27 to Joan Falknor, Susan Stoltz Kammer, Jeff Hile, Samantha Daniels, Molly Wentworth, Marene Farmer, Jeanette Royer, Nathan Leeper, Travis Yohey, Sharon Cheadle Hutchens and Chuck Runner.
• March 28 to Eve Cusac-Seale, Mike Henderson, David Harrison, Ray Eby, Virginia Metzcar, Danny Meyers, Donna Slyder, H.B. Hole Jr. and Bob Berger.
• March 29 to Steve Blackburn, Audrey Guthrie Hathaway, Tracy Beaver and Tom Everhart.
• March 30 to Jay Spence, Vickie Adams, Cory Mikesell, Norma Kammer, David Griffin, Fred Dakin (28) and Sharon Billenstein.
Happy belated birthday to Jeri Dispenette (67) on March 12.
Happy anniversary to: Gene and Amy Maher on March 26 and Kirby and Beth Wilcox on March 29.
Don’t forget to pray for: Stacy Dorko, Kenny Borger, Ottis Rasor, Betty Myers, Kayla Couchot Scarberry, Ray Francis, Mary Marshall, Jenson Fullerton, Rusty Hardwick, Carmen Sanders, Michael Allen Clark, Elmer Long, Anthony Joyner, Shirley Mead, Teresa Ketring, Dave Sloan, Harry Moody, Jim Moody, Maxine Weimer, Linda Subler, Jerrod Pratt, Tim Ridenour, Dan Norton, Shelly Hoffman, Kathy Hiestand, Keith Howard, Betty Grimes, Kathy Magoto, Dean Brewer, Lisa Hall, Dick Neff, Tammy Shapiro, Ken Martin, David Magoto, Charles LaFuze, Phil Clark, Sonny Hunt, Jim Marker, Terry Longfellow, Bill Drew, Don and Linda Myers, Nina McDaniel, Rusty Wilson, D’Arleen Waymire, Lee and Bea Moody (our parents), Linda Johnston, Ron Kreitzer, Pappy Harshman, Harold Rismiller, Rick Jones, Delores Duncan, Frank Shapiro, Randy Heck, John Klipstine, Elsie Svajda, Dave Sherman, Sue Chitty, Phil Chilcoat, Christine Pipenger, Paul Barton, Terry Ungericht, Gracyn Blackburn, Lowell Arnold, Robert Codling, Kohen Thwaits, Deanna Jones, William DeBord, Dave Starline, Bob Hiestand Jr.
Also, Kathy and Tom Hamilton, Joanne Sharp, Larry Bemis, Ivan Miller, Cindy Elson, Cary Van De Grift, Dina Dancer Morris, Teresa Mayo Amspaugh, Jim Crotcher, Tina Kiser Deaton, Alvera Schmitz, Vicky Henderson, Julia Frey, Tonia Thompson, Fred Monnin, Bob Coppock, Stephen “Brownie” Brown, Nate Epperson, Brad Pipenger, Faye Schlecty, Michelle Sparks Reed, Sheila Reed, Bill Beasley, Steve Cunningham, Kody Ketring, Bob and Sandy Finkbine, Kevin Dickey, Joe Martin, Tracy Bailey, Brenda Grimes, Margaret “Peg” Bundy, Kevin Hemmerich, Penny Starns, Tim Heck, Vanna (Hannam) Abbott, Suzy Heck Schilling, Addie Henderson, Barb Morrow Zimmerman, Samantha Smith, Shannon Peters Hall, Todd Walls, Ron Kramer, Melissa “Missy” Helmer, Susie Gress of Nebraska, Dana Holzapfel, Kara Didier, Carla Welch, Bill Schuette and to all those others who suffer from the many debilitating diseases.
And, God bless all of our military people serving and protecting this nation, as well as rescue, fire and law enforcement personnel who put their lives on the line to protect us.
Jamie and I send our condolences to the families of Bonnie Salyers, Jim Alexander, Margaret Fox, Phyllis Shively, Jack Munn and Ottis Rasor.
Think about it: “You’ve got to dance like nobody’s watching, work like you don’t need the money and love like it’s never going to hurt.” — Unknown